1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

abuzar1 wrote: I'm so pissed off now I'll probably just get a damn Lite-On DVD Burner and be done with it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Deal There alittle loud to some people But they get the job done well..i hope you got a Mod chip in that game console that swope magic JUNK don't work..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yes, from personal experience Lite-Ons ARE loud, but I'm fine with that.

Also I DO have a Modchip in my PS2. You don't do swap magic with the 360. On the 360 I have flashed the firmware on the DVD drive so it thinks backups are retail copies.

3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Which modchip did you go with on your ps2?

4. 21122112

21122112 Member

When you burn to a disc that is what your doing.Copying it to the disc. You have to copy the Xbox game and Burn it to a disc, Then have it booktype to DVD-ROM. DVD-ROM is what all games are. That is there format.

Maybe im missing something here in what your trying to say about the games. I havent done it, but I know alot of people who have. It doesnt have to be a specific drive just one that can bitset.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  5. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

Abuzar, get the samsung with the kreon. that will be great for copying games.

@everyone else, the samsung is special because when flashed with the kreon firmware it is able to read the game. with other drives you have to use a dual layer dvd movie then open the drive with the emergency escape hole then switch it with the game. the kreon drive simplifies everything.

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

bigwill68,
    Here's another loud drive you can add to that list! Philips SPD2413! Makes the Pioneer's and Lite-On's seem quiet. I just acquired one the other day! The model is less than a year old, seems to work well, but talk about buzz! Like a nest of Hornets! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

i say the lease Russ you better get you a set of ear plugs sometime soon you if you don't plan to be deaf in the long run..LOL..come to think of it brother my very first burner was a Verbatim - 2.4x2.4x8 DVD+RW, 12x10x32 CD-RW Drive Internal IDE boy is that and old boy back then..i payed $138.79 included shipping from tigerdirect that was in 2003..i still got the Box to this Day don't laugh... that's when burners first came out at that price..can anybody remember when the First Dvd burner came out? butt i'm happy with the 3 burners i have now in my Rig BenQ Ls 1655,Lite-on LH-18A1P,Sony Nec Optiarc AD-7200S..and the BenQ is the less Quiet of them all..

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

It's a Lite-On... :D linky

Boozer,
    I know NOTHING about the Kreon f/w you're talking about. I don't backup 360 games as I don't have the console. ;) I'll look into it for you just to learn but at this point krj knows more than I. ;) I would look at contacting Tokijin like someone said. He's the man at backing up console games. ;) good luck until you are certain. ;)

....gm

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i bought my first cd-rom drive when they first came out, early 90's, it was something like £150 for a (wait for it) 1x speed drive, i think my first dvd burner was a Sony DRU-700

10. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Originally posted by Creaky
    [/quote] i bought my first cd-rom drive when they first came out, early 90's, it was something like £150 for a (wait for it) 1x speed drive, i think my first dvd burner was a Sony DRU-700[/quote]

i had to do a site check on that 1 here's where..i went
    http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/firmware.htm

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

My second DVD drive was a DRU-500 which was well over $200 because it was the first Dual format drive.

Sorry but I intend to keep it until it stops spinning.

My lite-On drives aren't noisy but I know that of the early ones were when ripping. As far as burning is concerend one should never use their system for anything else while doing it anyway.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

boozer with the little that I've read you will need to get 2 drives for your backup needs!! The "Kreon" drive is a DVD-ROM only drive and all it does is READ the XBOX/XBOX360 game (disc) to your HDD (assuming that part) and you have to burn the "image" with another drive to a DVD5/DVD9 disc. Of course you can use any drive that will bit-set DVD+R or DVD+R DL discs.

That list includes: some drives to consider. ;)

page #1

page #2

Personally I'd get the Pioneer 216D. I've had very good luck with Pioneer for burning and reading. ;) The caveat is you have to "flash" some "modded" f/w to the drive to make it bit-set if memory serves. Of course you'll have to do it with the Sony/NEC/Optiarc AD-7200S as well. It's well worth it tho. ;)

hth...

...gm

13. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

booxer these ODDs are VERY VERY recomended AND can use the Kreon FW

Pioneer drives:

111, 112, 115, 212, 215

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

GM, well my Laptop burns DVDs just fine. Still I DO need a DVD Burner. Don't worry about it, I will sort it out.

I'm ordering the Videocard, Ram, HDD, and DVD Burner from newegg.com today. I will get the mobo, CPU, and the Tuniq Tower in a few days and I already have the Case and PSU.

I already burn Xbox 360 DVDs. I know any Dual Layer DVD burner that can bitset will work. I'm talking about putting a RETAIL XBOX 360 game in my COMPUTER and reading the image so I can burn it. Do you kind of understand now?

SHAF, I think the Pioneers are just the recommended BURNERS for XBox 360 games. I don't think they can RIP the game.

15. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

any DL burner can BURN THE GAMES. i was talking about RIPPING THEM, as they need kreon FW, AND THESE CAN BE FLASHED WITH IT. im not st0000000000000000000000000pid (although i can see why people think so HAHA)

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

Well I tried finding the Kreon firmware for them, but I was too stupid I guess. Link me to a firmware release and I will buy it.

17. 21122112

21122112 Member

I completely understand what your saying. but your not understanding what im saying.ANY drive can read them to file. Not just a certain one.

I guess its the addict thing you were talking about. if your not one your not considered as knowledgeable enough to engage into a conversation here.

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I accidently unsubscribed. just getting onboard again. carry on.

19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

21122112, I wasn't aware that you could use any DVD drive. So how do I go about doing it? Can you link me to a tutorial or guide?

20. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.