1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Shipping really isn't that bad at all. Regular 3 day service was only $34 for my entire order! If I order in the AM I usually get it next day. They are only about 40 miles away! LOL!!

Russ

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sammy you little git you. :p How big is the UK?? I'm in Texas as you know and the closet facility for me is in Cali next being New Jersey IMS. ;) So that mileage would be over 1000 miles to the closest warehouse. ROFL. So when shipping is FREE I take it but when they say something like $18 for shipping a case I wait... :p What I'm trying to say is normally using FREE shipping saves a bunch and if you have to pay for it make sure it's on a small ticket item that's coming with a large ticket item and it makes you feel like you got something for NOT much.... hehehee. :p

....gm

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think the furthest delivery I've had is from KustomPCs in scotland, when I was at home with my parents. That's probably about 500 miles. As it happens Ebuyer, the only site to offer next day delivery til 10 happen to be only about 20 miles from York.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  4. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

What are your thoughts on the NEC 3550a? I've heard many good things about and it seems to be an excellent drive but its price and age are making me hesitate.

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, that was one of my first drives. I gave it cancer in under 6 months. It did pay for itself though. Some of my best burns were produced by it. NEC knows how to make a burner. Much like plextor from what I hear. Atleast the older plextors! Eg. 760, 716, 712

Well...I got luckier than ***! I over spent my bank acount buying my new board. Hope it doesnt let me down. Its the first time with usbank that ive done it. TFG!!! they covered it! IM SERIOUSLY itching to play with it this weekend! :D Infact, I may need to get some calamine lotion. LOL, totally joking :D

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

For what it's worth, I have burned 7 out of 7 successful Xbox 360 backups with my LG GH-20NS15 at 10x using 8x Verbatim DVD+R DLs. Quite impressed by that.

7. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

The LG is an attractive drive especially at $20, thanks for recommendation sam. I'm going to look into it a bit more and see what I dig up since I don't know how much I'm willing to spend yet.

Congratulations on getting lucky oman, too bad you have to pay it back lol. Have fun playing with your new stuff :)

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

my AMD Build order is on the way! I just called and transferred the order from check to the Bank Card! I may even get lucky, since it's so early in the day here, and it may come tomorrow! I'm actually getting excited! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah...I went even further with Wells fargo, another bank here in the states. BIG MISTAKE!! Im still paying for that. Im gonna fully enjoy the board. Not gonna see it for another 24-26hrs. :(
    Excited? Thats an understatement, isnt it, LOL

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When my Newegg orders are shipped from California which is about 2500 miles or more it takes about 3 to 4 days to get them so I make certain to order by at least Monday if I want them before the weekend. I just received an Antec E650 Power suppy that I ordered on Monday after work. It came with free shipping and it arrived in 3 days. It was shipped from the New Jersey warehouse which is probably about 1200 miles from Tampa (just a guess).

11. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Newegg is about 1800 miles takes 3 to 4 days.Biostar board and Kuma arrived tonight was ordered Saturday shipping was $7.59 Memory didn't come supposed to be delivered tomorrow night. G skill going in tonight to get windows in and Dominators in tomorrow night.Chris

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Had I known I was READY to buy it, I would have bought it monday morning/sunday night, and deposited cash into my account so as to prevent the overdraft fee. I thought I was gonna wait til tax return time, but I got impatient, LOL

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

When I get it tomorrow, Im gonna put EVERYTHING else off. Ive been waiting for this badboy a long time. I'll take a pic of the before and after. Although, some of you have seen the mess, which is my interior, LOL. Creaky said I need a house keeper. YES, I do! My computer isnt the half of it, LOL.

Yah, Im gonna piece by piece this one together. Then probably sell my current to my sister. She expressed the most interest in it. Almost feel bad for her. Shes running not much more than my Hp pavilion 7905 1.4ghz. THIS computer SCREAMS compared to her current machine. athlon XP2100 if im not mistaken. Oddly my 1.4 performs better than her 2100. Think its clocking 1.6 or 1.8, Not sure. Anyways, she'll love it.

I should be able to complete this badboy with my RETURN! We'll see. Oh boy oh boy. I better not get my hopes up. Heh heh heh, Think im excited much??? About 12hrs, and it'll be in my hands, Mwua ha ha ha! LOL. UPS gave it quite the run around though. Looks like its on time though. :D

14. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Well guys at long last, after reading this thread from the very beggining I'm finally gonna do a build which at one time was only a dream, if I'll be able to put it together remains to be seen but I'm gonna give it my best shot, now that I finally got my warranty issue resolved, here is what I'm ordering tomorrow.

Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119159

Mobo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128341

PCU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103300

Ram
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

Hardrive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136161

DVD+RW Writers 2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827140028

Keyboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16823109156

CPU Cooler
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835103031

Sata Cable 2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16812270093

All In One Flash Card Reader
    http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3294201&CatId=942

Paste
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186020&Tpk=arctic cooling MX-2

Extra Screw Kit
    http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1024615&csid=_25

And I want to give my absolute thanks to Russ for his great help. Ordering of course is the easy part, putting it together well we'll see. All of you guys have been on me for a long time to do this, well here it goes.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I just checked UPS Tracking with mine and it's set for delivery tomorrow morning as well! Should be here by 9:30! Once it comes I'm going to take my monitor down to Sceptre to be fixed. I will be so happy to get it back working again. I can't wait to see the picture with the HD 3300 Graphics on it! I know what You and I are going to be doing this weekend! LOL!! Good Luck with your new build!

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I havent read this past page, but just noticed that there is a lot of excitment in the air, I'm not the only one as I see with a new build coming soon, hope all goes well for everyone, good luck.

17. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Fred,

Everything looks good to me, but then again I don't know much of anything about current hardware. Would you mind explaining why are you buying a SATA cable and screw kit though? Not sure what the Gigabyte MB's come with buy mine came with everything I would ever need plus extras of little stuff like screws (screws might have come with the case).

Parker

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

To us both fred, To us both :D I hope its everything you expect and more! :D

19. FredBun

FredBun Active member

eparker89, lol, Russ even mentioned the same thing to me, actually I just wanted an extra set around the house for other uses possibly, as far as the screw set since it's my first build and kinda paranoid let me give you an example.

And I'm sure this happens to everyone, ever buy a package of something you need to put together like a bike or small furniture and you get a bag of hardware and find out some screws or bolts are missing, you need to drop everything your doing go back to the store or a hardware store, get the picture, last thing I want is get cought with my pants down while I'm in the zone of putting a PC together, I might not run into that problem, but just in case I do.

Since I'm going to be realying on help from Russ and maybe others, last thing I want while people are trying to help me with a build like on the phone or thru the thread explaining to screw this here or bolt that there and I'll find myself missing something, just trying to make sure I will have everything on hand.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I hear ya buddy, Loud and clear. Ive delt with that a few times. Not so much in the computer arena, but...I have been short changed before. Im somewhat of a packrat, too. I dont mind having spares lying around. Very few things I dont have spares of. Infact, I have a spare time machine somewhere around here... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.