1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Whooo I WIN! lol

I might end up getting one of those samsungs later. Unless 21122112(I'm calling you numbers from now on) cares to elaborate on how they can use any drive.

2. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

LOLPiracy?

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

All you burner peeps. Sony NEC Optiarc 7200 is good right? I'm trying to order today and I'm a cheapskate so I'll buy this one over the Pioneer. I don't need the BEST anyway.

Greg, they are just backups.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Don't know. I only have about 15 burners so i don't bother keeping up to date with the latest drives

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

15 burners, thats IT? You're falling behind man.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

This is unfortunately true because titles are determined by the number of posts rather than what you know. I suspect that AD has lost a lot of really good people on that basis alone. Sometimes having addict status isn't all that it's cutup to be either. I came close to ending my Sophocles nick a few months ago and returning with a new one or just quitting altogether. Perhaps you know someone who's done exactly that. I guess some of us have been at this for too long and it's nearing time to move on to another distraction.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Are you seriously going to jump on me for being a prick because of a silly little Title? I misunderstood what you said, I'm not ignoring you or looking down upon you. I'll be the first to admit I don't know all that much about computers, video game consoles, etc.

8. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

e2140 is blowing his top to much voltages..lol

@abuzar

roll with the Sony Optiarc 7200 it's a good burner..and for the price you can't beat it..when your friends come over just stick a BenQ sticker on it and ay ..I got 1..lol

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Abuzar

I don't think that he meant anything by it and I was just ruminating back over the last 5 year of being here, and the changes I've seen. There are a lot of addicts on AD who probably have a hard time just tying their shoes, but they feel comfortable giving advice without really knowing what they're talking about.

10. redice

redice Regular member

bigwill68

yeah the benq drives are good drives ( i have a 1650) its just to bad they are not being made anymore.

abuzar1

the lite-on drives are good burners as well. ( just like everybody in this thread has stated already.) i also have a Sony Optiarc 7200 but i have done a few burn's on it and they play fine. however have not done a dl dvd+r on it yet so i can't say how well it works with them.

11. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

Heck, while we are on the subject, we are discussing quality burners so why not media?

I used to use Taiyo Yuden but my burner never liked them so i have a big stack of about 90 lying around. I have had good success with using the Sony DVD media(Accucore)

Any other media i should keep an eye out for?

12. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

greg, royal mail them this way then :D

i need some haha.

good to see you back. whats ur clocks on your P5K-E. dont you find there arent enough voltage options to select from?

13. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

So all Video Games have to be burnt on DVD+R Discs

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

So I bought the Optiarc. No going back now. I just bought 4GB of PC2-8500 corsair dominators, the optiarc, seagate 250GB hdd, and an asus 4850.

15. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

The max i could get my Quad to with 800Mhz(oced it to a number i cant remember)ram was 3.6

I had to push quite a big vcore threw(less than 1.5 though) but i need this quad to last so i stopped. I could have maybe made more but the ram couldnt oc for the speed i needed.

I have found a sweet spot with this board though. If you set the FSB to 333 you get a nice 3 Ghz and have it rock solid stable at Full Load with a 1.3250v core. Which is like 1.298 after v droop.

As for voltage options, i can't complain really as i don't do much ocing anymore. I'll find a sweet spot like the above and leave it there.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i burn all my xbox games (not xbox 360) on +R discs, but only because i use Maxell +R for all my xbox games so i don't know if -R work.

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I burned all my Xbox(not 360) on DVD-R. They all worked fine and I burned about 80 of them.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A lot of burning software book types DVD+R discs to DVD-R.

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

They're both good memory but if I was going to overclock I would go with the one that is rated for higher bandwidth the OCz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.