1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah... I suppose im simply impatient. And to think I thought I was one of the more patient people, LOL. That does sound impressive when you put it that way :)
    Wow man. Somebody always manages to make me feel like a newbie again, LOL. I have a long way to go!

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You're only where I was not so long ago, stick with it :)

3. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

oman7,

I was inspired too a little while back. I'll be setting up my first loop by June. The cost/benefit ratio may or may not be there, but I'm partially doing it just for fun lol. The first loop will done on my current system prior to upgrading so if I do mess up and it leaks it won't be a huge deal.
    You might want to check out this section of XS for more info on WC. I've reading stuff on there for a couple months now and it's proved to be very good along with some very knowledgeable users.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Guaranteed buddy :)

Yah...I could care less about cost sometimes. I just want it to be justified. And when I say justified I mean, KNOWLEDGE. I totally agree with you :D I would not mind at all tinkering around with such a setup. Perhaps I can use this old system here (minus the Gigabyte board) and attempt my own water cooling system. I assure you, I will not JUMP right into it either. I'll do some SERIOUS homework before I fry a perfectly good cpu and board, LOL. This kinda stuff is my hobby. I quit smoking recently, and will be saving upwards of 150$ a month for computer fun :D

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Always good - not smoking or drinking is the main reason I have as much PC hardware as I do at my age.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes indeedy, LOL. I dont mind the occasional drink still, but smoking is gone for good :D If I get a good enough tax return, i'll have twice as much goodies :D
    This is the case im STRONGLY considering getting in a couple weeks
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160&Tpk=cooler master haf

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hehe go for it, I'm keen to see how good it is.

8. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Awesome looking case, I'd consider getting one of those for my next build.

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Rest assured! Its about a 99% guarantee! I NEEEEDDD, a large case. Little on the spendy side, but for what it offers, I believe it to be worth it. Looks like an EXCELLENT cooler, as well as housing multiple devices. Expandability, need I say more? Simply put, it falls in the appropriate price/needs category!

10. FredBun

FredBun Active member

That is a dynamite looking case, looks roomy as hell, if I can get past this build coming up, my next build with much better goodies will definitely be a case like this if not this one.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

its the best case in town right now. the top and side 230mm fans dont need to be ran at max RPM's to keep things cool. the front 230mm fan keeps the HDD's real cool. and the 140mm fan on the back sucks out mass amounts of warm air.with the size of the case the CPU cooler lines up perfectly with the 140mm rear exhaust fan.it pushes the hot air from the CPU straight out the back...perfect alignment.

with 6 external drive bays it looks sweet loaded up with ODD's

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Did you get one Rob?? If you did, I'm so jealous.... as you know I've been spending my cash on other toys for now... but as soon as that newness wears off I'm back to playing with electronics. :D

...gm

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I like the idea of MASSIVE fans. Unlike society, im not too worried about power consumption. If something is power hungry, it must need it! I think I will love that case! Huge fans, wonderful storage, sharp looks, MONSTER CASE!!! Ive wanted a massive tower as long as I can remember. Compared to my current Towers, it could be called KONG, LOL

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

In most cases, huge fans are actually detrimental. The HAF looks like it implements them better than most, but it's unlikely to cool any better than a case using 120mm fans.

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Guess i'll find out soon enough :) It has more than I need, and it looks awesome. Best of both wants. Im sure there are sharper looking cases. To each his own :) Myself, I like freaks of technology! This one fits the bill, LOL

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Speaking of freaks! Here's the one that started that design. It don't get no freakier than this! LOL!! [​IMG] Strangly people love it even though they bitch about all it's shortcomings, and then give it 5 Eggs anyway! You Figure! LOL!!

Russ

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Boy, that's f'ugly, the kind of case that "chav's" buy, ie the kind of people who have no taste, who put huge whale tail spoilers on their cars etc etc :) :)
    Ugh!!

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

yup, thats a definite freak. However its also overkill! In my opinion anyway :)

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

i was thinking hideous but that works creaky. :)

I'll be curious to see how that baby works there O-man7. I know someone that has a HAF but I don't get to talk to them. lol. It's a friend of a friend type thing and they are impressed with the case to say the least. :)

...gm

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

When I get it, you can ask me anything you like. No doubt i'll be running multiple tests, comparisons ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.