1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redice

redice Regular member

omegaman7 and to anybody here wanting the HAF932 case

i talk to cooler master to see why the HAf 932 case was sold out every where because i myself want the case as well. They said that they had to do revision for the I/O panel because the power and hd light was not functioning right. So they said that we should see the case again at the end of march.

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks buddy :D I figured something must be up! Its all good. I was considering mickey mousing this case anyway for the heck of it. Ive already began by adding a 120mm fan on the side panel for the PCI area. It dropped the GPU atleast 10-15C. VERY needed upgrade! Next I wanna get a Supreme air intake in the optical bay area. If I can get good intake and maybe slightly better exhaust, I might get a makeshift wind tunnel in this beast :D

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    This is the one I'm using.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185020

The down side is it takes up 3 bays. I have mine lined up with the fan on the CPU cooler, and it works great. If you get one, bee sure to remove the fan and throw away the filter, because that's the same procedure needed to chang or clean it! It's just not worth the effort of removing the fan assembly, removing the fan from it and removing, cleaning the filter and re-installing the filter and the whole assembly back in the computer. The fan is a very quiet 120mm 800 rpm fan. Works real well on mine as I have exactly the wind tunnel you mention.

Best Regards,
    Russ

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Downside indeed! I use 4/4 of my bays. I suppose I could cope with maybe 2 but not 3! Thanks though buddy :D

LOL, im looking at some seriously tiny fans now. I didnt know they made 25mm fans! I toyed with the notion of 6-8 30mm fans in 2 bays, but the cfm wouldnt be high enough for my wants. Now im looking at some 80mm fans. But for an 80mm fan to push enough air, would make it a loud freak!

Take THIS freak for example ----> Linky
    Ok, i gotta leave soon. If someone could recommend a good 3.5 fan controller, MUCH appreciated! I'll be making my main purchase tonight.

One last question to contemplate LOL. What would be louder?
    Two of these
    Or one of the 80mm freaks listed above.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The 80mm fan would be louder by far.

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 you get this link??? linky

CM Sniper

Stacker 830

Those are some of the best Cooler Master cases available for the money right now and I'd have NO doubts choosing any of them. :) Good luck with your decisions.... :)

Rheobus Extreme THIS is SWEET!!!

Rheobus 4 fan controller I have this one and it's ok... the LED lights are frikkin bright tho. lol.

hth buddy....

...gm

the GM don't read so good. lol. 3.5" controller I don't know much about it but there is one sold at a place I trust.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Shaff has the rheobus extreme (the LEDs aren't much dimmer) and I'm buying it off him, as it looks like he's parting out his rig (he can't justify such an expensive system for occasional gaming)

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 the highlighted in red is something to think about. lol. Sammy doesn't spend money lightly most of the time. :p

...gm

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Grabbing it because I currently have two fan controllers, an original Rheobus and a ZM-MFC1. I would prefer to use just one, and can live with 6 ports, but want them all to be 0-12V.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah...The "Rheobus Extreme" is pretty awesome!!! I wish I had a fifth optical bay to insert that in. Would look very cool in there! Perhaps with the HAF 932 I can consider that! Because with the current case, I only have 2 external 3.5 bays free. I think im gonna just see how loud everything is first!

Well isn't that some shiznit, LOL. The HAF is back in stock!!! Better jump on that, before they change their mind LOL

Thanks for all your help guys :D GM, I do appreciate the 3.5 you posted, and it is tempting :D But im also afraid. Apparently its not uncommon for these devices to fail! Thats mainly why im hesitant!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Oh God! I did it! :D <-----biting his nails, giggling sinisterly, and dreaming of the possibilities!!!
    [​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I sure feel broke now, LOL. I guess I didnt really need the 24" monitor. But I felt it was time to upgrade from the 20" acer. And who knows. The two side by side could be like magic! We'll see how my GPU feels about two monitors of different spec. This weekend im gonna feel like a kid in a candy store!!!

Hey russ, did you leave the stock thermal grease on your cpu for this arctic cooler, Or did you put some new compound on? Cause ive got some arctic silver 5 laying in my drawer, that I bought a while back for my HP CPU to see if it would drop the temp any. Would the silver 5 be better than the stock stuff. Or are they about the same?

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

A while back, the Arctic Silver V would have been a much better bet, but now, I don't think there's much difference.

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Mmmm hmmm. I thought that might be the case, considering alot of the reviews I read. Given how old the HP is, i'll probably just use it on the HP. No doubt it would benefit from a fresh compound.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Hell yes! It's Arctic Cooling's MX-2 that's pre-applied. Never gets hard and no worries of shorting out anything if you use a bit too much, as it's 100% Non Conductive! One of the best I've tried to date!

Russ

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

oops! LOL, just noticed that I screwed up. I meant grease on the COOLER. Not the cpu. Obviously its not pre-applied to the CPU LOL. Yah...as I told sam. Im just gonna use it on my old HP's CPU. No doubt after nearly a decade, it'll benefit from a fresh application. :)

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    When I use MX-s, I put about a 3/16" ball of it right in the middle of the CPU, and install the cooler. It seems to be just the right amount! You can see a tiny bit squeezing out around the edges of the CPU, but a very minor amount. Not enough for it to run! My temps are much more consistent than any other method I've tried, and I've tried them all! Where the pro tester's results vary by as much as 5C installing the cooler 3 or 4 times. I know what my temps will be, as they are always the same! Same way with my old E6750! Very good Thermal Compound! Very Highly Recommended!

Russ

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks for the tidbit buddy :D 3/16? You mean the balls diameter, right? I think I know what you mean. In any case, trial and error, right LOL.

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've had some good results with OCZ Freeze. CPU still idles at near room temperature if it's at stock, after having removed/reinstalled the CPU cooler a dozen times since its application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.