1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

USPS inventing ways to screw us over? You dont say.

They once lost a 560 dollar video card of mine(thats a CRAP load of money on ONE video card) in the mail. I didn't insure it(my fault) but it hurt pretty bad.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

I'll just send the heatsink as well to be safe. It's not like I need two of them anyway seeing as they are s***, the guy asked if I'm using that too cool the cpu and I just said yes lol....

theonejrs: that list you posted is only if you are returning things called "verified by intel" notebooks, not intel products. At least that's what the email I got says. It doesn't say you have to send the heatsink, just the cpu is okay.
    But I'm still going to send it just to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@mrk44

just send it all like you got it..with a copy of the invoice to prove it yours and you payed for it..

@russ

i got my hands on a copy of Vista Ultimate 32-bit...sshhh for the low low price.. what is the different between the 32 and the 64..is it the memory it see like Xp does or what..i gonna read up on it..i wanna to hear your side first on the matter..cause that what i'm gonna use on the new built..Vista

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

A 32bit OS will unfortunately only recognize around 3 and a half gigs of Ram. That's just how the technology is. 64bit can use up to 128GB. I'm still gonne stick with 32bit XP PRO for now.

5. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

vista 64 can only use 128gb of ram but 64 bit architecture is limited to 16 exabytes or 17.2 billion gb.

6. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

So what you'll are saying it would better to have the Vista Ultimate 64-bit to see 4gig's or memory on a system right?

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Oh, alright then I stand corrected :)

8. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i would try vista 64 just to see if you have any compatibility issues. if you do you can always use the 32bit version but have only 3.5gb. i think 3.5 is plenty.

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

What happened to Cincy Rob?

And and I got a new sig. Sums up my feelings on those Nvidia chipsets lol.

10. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

CincyRob left to go out of town when we got off work today..

11. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008
  12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

russ,

they both work just fine on my end. btw the second ones shows some video corruption towards the end in the way of vertical lines on all three media plyers.

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Mort81,
    Re-Booted and tried again, but the same thing. You can get it to play for exactly 1 minute and it just sits there! It only takes it about 5 minutes to get to that point with all the stopping and starting! I saw the Video Corruption, but without some dialog, you have no idea what the problem is, or for that matter, what you are looking at! The sound doesn't give you a clue!

Russ

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hehe, that's exactly the one i meant, it came in a huge pc-sized box.

16. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@Russ

that video been down that road b4 Russ..but.I used Gasoline and matches..lol

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Wow ouch, I thought USPS were alright, and that UPS were the bad ones. What about FedEx? people seem to have higher opinions of them.

Whenever I send something valuable in the mail, it always goes royal mail special delivery so it's insured. Too much gets lost in the post to take the risk, and besides, I sent a graphics card through the mail with two coolers (S1 rev2 and the original HD3870stock one) and it still only cost me £5 for postage and the jiffy bag I put it in.

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

MRK, I cant believe he actually broke his motherboard. What a waste lol!

Russ, we are talking about the 780i chipset with all the problems. In the second video go to around the last 20 secs and the videos playing on the computer start messing up.

Sam, yeah I was shipping to Italy. It was a 8800GTX. My parents got pretty mad at me. I still cant believe they lost it. Bastards.

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

On the ASUS Rampage MOBO do U need all 8 power connectors or can U get by with the 4. I can't really tell by the SpecS.It say to use it with ATX.I'm useing a Corsair TX650 PSU. If I hook up all 8 just in case will it hurt the board. I don't want to power it up until I hear from somebody here, so would appreciate a quick response. I'm ready to POWER IT UP. Other then this

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Put in all eight. Some boards like the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 an the Asus P5K Pro require only 4 pins, but they aren't even full ATX. The Rampage Formula is and you will need all 8 pins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.