1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can't pm banned members.

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Yeah but he's been suspended how many times and shown up under how many aliases? I dunno. Either AD has technical issues, or we have some very forgiving mods.

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

That's why I think there's a problem with AD! I just this minute PM'd him, but it wouldn't let me reply from within his PM! But it would let me start a new PM!

Russ

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Might just take a while for that restriction to take effect.

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Sam,
    Maybe, but it sure is strange, especially when he said you couldn't PM someone who is banned, and I've done it twice now. Try it! I don't see any point of banning him for his way of writing things. I'm an old guy of 65, and I understand him just fine! Maybe someone complained. If they did they should have PM'd him first, at the very least and asked WDF! In fact I'll start the Chant right now!

Bring back Shaffaaf!

I personally don't want to see him lost as a member, as I think he is a valuable one!

Russ

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Agreed. From the message from ddp it looks like they only intended to suspend him, but somehow he's ended up banned. A permaban for this though isn't remotely fair.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I certainly hope they get it figured out LOL! I have a great deal of respect for shaff. He obviously knows his stuff LOL!

What a shame the limit on sig size is 50Kb-ish. I can think of multiple things i'd like to do, if I just had another 50-100Kb! But thats not what the site is about. Perhaps one day, when 50Kb is looked at like its next to nothing. Meaning that Internet bandwidth is extremely high, and not even youtube bottlenecks :D Yah, RIGHT! Be a while before that happens LOL! Though ive heard that there are places over sea's that are significantly ahead of us(United states) on that front...

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If you saw what some people have when there's no sig size limit, you'd be glad it's there. Trust me.

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Indeed! Its pretty wrong when a signature is exceeding the size of a post. Or is just plain distracting.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

As awesome as your Warp engine is, it is distracting.

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

are you kidding me? I thought it was small enough to go unnoticed for the most part. No joke. If you believe its too much though...I will adjust it accordingly. Fact of the matter is, I was merely messing around, Having fun with Adobe Fireworks. I have a new idea anyway. It wont be up much longer. Much like a wallpaper, I become board with my signature. Until I find that PERFECT signature anyway LOL!

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's not oversized, it's just that animated signatures are genrally a distraction, especially if you're reading a long post...

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...you can thank Creaky's sig for getting me started! LOL! His is the most awesome .Gif ive seen yet! You are right. The animation can be a distraction. There are loads more skills I need to pick up with Photoshop. Perhaps i'll attempt to implement a new found skill in my next sig. :D Anime free of course :D

Sorry about off topic

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

We do actually have very forgiving mods. As ddp posted it's only a 2-day suspension, i guess it shows as perma-ban due to some kind of flag from other suspensions or perma-bans, i lose track with Shaf.
    It was quite simple, he was asked politely to type clearly, i guess he does it to take the proverbial. I wouldn't mind but he doesn't even type Russ-sized epics so it's not like there's a reason for making mistakes.
    Anyways, he'll be back in 2 days and if there's a bug stopping that i'll PM an Admin. But Shaf needs to buck his ideas up (again).
    IF you lot think he posts good info then that's great, but the point is how can anyone tell as most if it is illegible :)

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't really think it's illegible, or that he does it to take the proverbial, he's just a really lazy typist and because of it, his posts are more difficult to read than others, but hardly hard.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Well i don't understand most of it, details are no good to noobs like me if most of them are mistyped. As i say there's absolutely no excuse, especially when someone types so little. I'd expect people to moan about me if i did the same...
    Here's hoping he gets the message this time (should i hold my breath) :)

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol, probably not. Ah well, we shall see.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok guys question.
    ive changed around my hdd. my 250gb now has my OS on it. but it still has the old drive letter(E) i want to change it to (C) but it wont let me. am i going to have to unplug the actual drive that has the letter C then restart with the it unpluged to let the 250gb drive take it??

19. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Hang in there Shaffy old boy, it's just a couple days.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

never mind. this 250gb hdd has seen its better days. its just a little over a year old. it will be going back to Seagate for a rma.
    i keep getting errors on it and it looks like it is in safe mode again. and my sound is gone on it.i have all drivers installed and everything. shows them as being there just no sound. said it has no mix devices installed.??? back to the 500gb with my OS on it.

whats funny when i formated it i can store stuff on it.just wont take a OS??

hmm gives me a reason to go buy another hdd... to impatient to wait to Seagate to rma...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.