1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

you need to come over and live in my building or to say complex...i wish cincy would sell his house and come...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i could run a small server:)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2009
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

P35C-DS3R and EP31-DS3L boards manning PCI S-ATA cards perfectly fine, my X38-DS4 had no issue either, this is with JMicron cards.
    What's that shaff? Your PS3 broken, with both our 360s still working fine? There's a turnup for the books! lmao!
    Gm: Green drives are awesome, no more to it. They've recently price dropped AGAIN in the Uk now, £55 for 1TB. As for the Asus thing, just do some more reading, it isn't difficult to figure out.

3. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

lol the hdmi gave out :(

my scart works but who gives a crap about that, i want hdmi :(

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

keith1993,
    As near as I can remember they use a Command Line installer for multiple network installs, at least they used to. And yes, it is a pain, and very complicated to do, as all the parameters have to be perfect for each station! You basically write what amounts to a config file that tells each station exactly what to install, sets up privileges, passwords and so on. It's a lot of work! I found that by using batch files, you don't have to constantly enter the same thing over and over for each station! You just had to enter the workstation IDs! I haven't done one in about 6 years now! My last experience was a bad one, as the Owner of the Car Insurance Company I did it for, was a Total Moron! Fortunately, I put everything in writing, and She signed it! In the agreement, I outlined what I could and couldn't save from her hard drive, why, and what options she had available if she wanted to try Data Recovery from the HDD! She was fine with all of that until she discovered that she no longer had her DMV records listings, when I brought the system back up. I still don't understand that, as it was the first item on the list of things I could not recover. The file was corrupt! I wouldn't have installed it anyway, as unauthorized possession of the State of California DMV database is illegal, and a Felony! She actually wanted to sue me for the $2000 it cost her to replace it! LOL!! That was enough experience for me! I don't go near networks anymore! LOL!! Besides there's usually just too much pressure, as they almost always want you to do anything between 5 PM Friday and 8 AM Monday morning only! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

My vacation is drawing to a close and I'm starting some new classes at school tomorrow. My first batch of courses was for my official CompTIA A+ Certification which I now have. This allows me to be professionally employed in PC maintenance :D

New batch of courses will be for my degree which will be a Technical degree in IT Networking/Systems Analysis. Very excited because I'm taking Computer Science this semester so I should learn quite a few new things. Who knows maybe I'll become AD's resident egghead :p

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I plan to take classes myself eventually. Probably online courses. I want to get a firm grasp/understanding on things first. Programming is no doubt gonna take some time...

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Will,
    Let me get this right! You want to buy a PSU from an Iranian company, located in Tehran, Iran??? A bit shaky situation, don't you think? I guess Customer Service could get quite lively at times! Call back on Tuesday, we were bombed on Friday! ROFL!!

Russ

10. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I did. Didn't find MORE results under english. I think he wants primarily an english site. But I can't find one with those PSU's, that's chiefly english.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Their supplies, sure look interesting. Im sure even sam could appreciate them. He is quite the enthusiast though. Nothing wrong with high standards sam. I have particularly high standards myself. :)

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Most of those links lead back to green-case.com.

I wonder if and when their PSU's will be more known/available. October 2009 doesn't say much. WHERE would be a valuable little tidbit LOL!

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    It appears that they don't manufacture anything. They are a Wholesaler! The cases they sell are made by mostly no name companies, but there were several there from Sunbeam/Tuniq and LianLi. Rather interesting mish-mash of cases though. Some of them outright strange in the mid tower cases! Judging by the adds running on the borders, I would say they don't do business here yet. I can't find any reviews at all. The only sales show up under Amazon as they sell anything even though most of the time they never have what you want! LOL!!

A company called SevenTeam makes their PSUs. I looked on newegg and I'm not very impressed with the little I can see!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010320058 50012466&name=Seventeam

Here's a SevenTeam 750W PSU stripped down. $130 price tag! Not bad at all! Looks can be deceiving!
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/749/1

Russ

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Guess which other company rebrands other manufacturer's cases? ASpire/Apevia/Aplus/Acase. On that basis alone I am definitely wating for some thorough reviews of those units before I start recommending them.

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

naw Russ i was just reading up on it to compare it with other models..I'm a Cooler Master Man 4 sure you that...I sold my OCZ psu 700w modular awhile back..just comparing product:)

enjoy building
    Ya'll

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Coolermaster cases fair enough, coolermaster PSUs... well. Let's just say it's a good thing you guys don't use high power graphics cards! You can hear a coolermaster PSU in a gaming PC from the next village down the road. The 4000rpm 120mm fan in my friend's RealPower really hurts.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Sam,
    Lets make it that your friends RealPower makes a lot of noise, shall we. Maybe his RealPower is that loud, but my Extreme power 500w doesn't make any audible noise at all. Neither did the 460w C/M that came with the case. Neither of them ever has! They are both extremely quiet, almost silent! I've used the 500w for months now in all my customer builds, and every one has been very quiet! There's no way that the fan runs 4000 rpm in mine! Even with the 130w Pentium D I used when I RMA'd the E6750, it was still quiet! I generally buy the same case as mine with the 460w PSU in it, and it's more than adequate for the intended purpose, even with the stock CPU cooler, it's super quiet!

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Once again, it's due to the low levels of load you use. Even with a 130W Pentium D that doesn't make up for there not being a graphics card there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.