1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    Why would I laugh at your motherboard? Just either plug the HD Audio plug (if it's like mine), onto the Green plug near the rear of the motherboard or manually connect the individual plugs onto the connections shown in the manual. I guess I didn't make it clear that the same port is used for both, but the wiring is different. Sorry for the confusion! Do you have plugs or individual wire plugs?

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

cause its the first p45 a piece of crap mobo gigy came out with....lol

ok i see what your saying now. you/i can plug either or into that F-Audio header. i do have the plugin for the HD-audio as the AC-97. i might try that in the morning. if i do that will i have to install the different drivers for it to work on the hdd now that i dont havea issue with? id say so. i do remember thought when i installed the drivers off the install cd i did install the realtek hi def audio as well.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    The drivers are installed. It's Micro$oft, not GigaByte causing the problem. You just run the program from the link I sent, then pop in the Drivers CD and it fiddles for a minute and then requests a reboot. Take the CD out and re-boot. When it comes up the sound should work!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

cool thanks Russ. ill give it a go in the morning. might try tonight but i have to watch my Raiders get run over by L.T. and the rest of the chargers.

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    I sympathize with you there. I'm an original Raiders fan from day one! John Madden was the coach! Oh the pain! The pain! LOL!!

Russ

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wow i found that same drive lastnight at one of the hundreds that i went to for $37.99 but cant remember what site..lol

raiders need a QB they suck badly.

ok Russ gonna give that link a go here in the next 10 mins. will post back

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ i tried that link it said that page cannot be found?????

EDIT:
    ok i went into device manager again. clicked on the yellow ? with the pci device, clicked uninstall. stuck the install disc in. reinstalled the realtek audio and hi def audio. went into a music file picked out a classic George Jones tune(he stoped loveing her today) and im jammin with the best of them now...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15514/1/

very intresting. these athalon II X4s might turn out to be some off the best quad cores for the price.

the HD 5XXX series from ATI also seem good, but IMO for the the price peopel with high end cards right now need not to apply IMO. i mean realistically what game doesnt run right now?

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not gonna post the scan but ill link to it over in the scan thread.
    i did a burn on this 80gb hdd(2mbcache) not bad but as i say in the scan thread you cant do much while burning on this hdd...lol heres a link if anyone is interested.(most allready go to the scan thread anyways)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/540688/4841098

i did just order a WD 250GB SATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive 16MB 7200RPM 3.5IN Caviar Blue, and
    Corsair 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) PC2-8500 / 1066 MHz DDR2 SDRAM XMS2 Dominator Xtreme Performance TwinX Matched Memory Kit PC2-8500 /

i know should have gotten the 4gb kit..but i had to get what the wallet allows.

so all i need now for my new build(pc's at a time that is new build)
    is a MOBO, and the HAF932

time to swap back to the other 16mb cache hdd..lol

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The HAF 932 is awesome. I'll be removing my board here before too long. I got my RMA# from Gigabyte. Im having a problem letting go LOL! They say it could be 2-3 business weeks. Thats a long time without a quad! Thankfully, the dual core runs a FALS 1Tb drive. Fastest boot time i've seen. Everything just plain runs SMOOTH! So I guess i'll be OK...

Hopefully, the new board will be everything I hope. Sounds like getting a second RMA could be tricky. If needs be, they're gonna wanna trouble shoot the crap out of it LOL! So it looks like the 1st RMA is a given...

13. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

teh new samsung F3 500GB HDD looks very nice for a none SSD OS drive. 1 single platter with 500GB and uber fast!

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

depending on where your located OM7. it took me abouyt 5 days to get it shipped to cali. then they had it a couple days tinkering with it then about 4-5 days to get it back. it did seem like 2 months with it being gone..lol depending on what they find it might be a entire new board with them doing any BIOS updates. that's what they did the last time i sent my P45-DS3R back. i havent had a issue as of yet...KNOCKING ON WOOD>>>>>

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So they repaired your board? I think i'll mark my board in such a way, that they won't know. That way i'll KNOW if they repaired it, or replaced it.

16. mike09198

mike09198 Member

I'm new here and thinking of replacing my old build from 2-3 years ago. I currently am running:

-Windows XP
    -AMD 5600+ OC to 3.3GHz
    -2 GB Corsair XMS2 800
    -EVGA 8800 Ultra
    -250 GB HD
    -Viper Mid-tower
    -750W PS

I'm thinking of either just getting a new Quad-core (AMD Phenom II X4 940)and 2 GB of RAM and nothing more.

Or building a new build with these specs:

-COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC
    -ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 X58
    -Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz
    -CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB
    -EVGA GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition

Now my questions are should I do just a few small upgrades or do a full blown power machine?

Thanks

17. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

before you upgrade your graphics card, wait for the 5870/5850 to be released, hopefully they will make pricedrops among other cards drop.

also what do you use the cards for?

18. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

http://vr-zone.com/forums/483595/corsair-announces-the-hx650w-modular-power-supply.html

WOW

7 YEAR WARRANTY!!!

seems someone is VERY happy with their product.

btw from anandtech

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3639&p=4

19. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

All Corsair HX (modular) models have a 7 year warranty minus the 1000w with a 'lowly' 5,
    all others excluding the budget CX have a 5 year warranty and the CX has a 3 year one.

This is one of the many reasons why Sam and now me are always banging on about them.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks for the info about the PSU's guys. VERY valuable info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.