1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The ultra-120 has a copper base and heatpipes, and aluminium fins I think.

2. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

but if they did buy via, and let via still remain doing the nettop/laptop/smartphone etc chips, while using the x86 licence to make highend shader proccessors, which would do amazingly with an x86 licence.

well if the TRUE then knocked of its raggedy POS base (which they still havent fixed) maybe it would increase performance?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah, you spelled Aluminium right, but not Nickel.

P.S. Some SLI works on the X38/X48. So it's just the software.

4. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

boozer, trust me

it cannot be done w.o the nforce 200/ 100 chip. it NEEDS it. thats why skulltrail needed it.

mayeb the older series but no way could you do it with 8 series 9 or the GTX 2 series.

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,
    In theory it should do a little better than the TRUE, as it appears to have more surface cooling area around it's perimiter. Those cut outs on the sides and the point in the middle add surface area for heat to radiate away from. That's the reason the "Butterfly" ZeroTherm works so well. The shape has less overall surface, yet the radiating edges occupy more surface area!

I'm with you, Sam! I don't want something that heavy mounted on my MB without a backplate. I noticed they only show a plastic ring that attaches to the MB so an AMD mount can hold it in place. They don't show what hardware the ring attaches to on the motherboard with though!

Best Regards,
    Russ

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

shaffaaf, what is this comment about americans?

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Americans spell it "Aluminum", which is incorrect because it should be spelled Aluminium.

I guess this is coming from an American. I'm not a Citizen quite yet.

Oh and Shaf, I was referring to the older GFX cards. I'm sure you need the chip for the newer ones.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

so its wrong because americans spell it that way???? in all my dictionary's have it spelt ALUMINUM. thats how i spelt it in school.
    i dont understand why all the anger towards americans. you do your damnest to get here and take every opurtunity we give you/or you take, and then you want to degrade everything thats american.. i just dont F***ing get it

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yes ALUMINIUM is the British spelling. I'm guessing you're from the UK then. ;0 Big surprise. So you use the spellings for different words that seem simple on the surface but are difficult to determine in the dictionary. ROFL.... theatre, favourite, and so on. ;)

NOW on to the TECH part of this forum!!!!!!!!!!!

The TRU(E) has a SOLID copper base that is NICKEL plated! I have 2 of the TRU models (90mm & 120mm) and they are very good coolers. ;) I haven't lapped them as they cooled better than I expected and also were more effective than the previous cooler used. :)

.....gm

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

RELAX. All I'm saying is that I don't think it's correct. There is no need to be so damn self righteous. It was correctly spelled Aluminium. American dictionaries changed that to be "different". Plus, when I grew up I spelled it Aluminium. Just because the Americans do it one way doesn't mean it's correct.

And please don't start all the immigrant bullshit.

GM, from all the reviews I have read the Sunbeam is better than the TRUE. I suppose that's a good straight forward answer! No need to get to the details. If I had to pick I would choose the Cure contact.

11. ddp

we canadians spell it either way just like color/colour.

rob, i deal with this issue thankyou.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

sorry ddp. i just cant take this shit anymore.

13. ddp

don't blame you.

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yes, as far as I'm concerned it in incorrect. Even Americans spelled it Aluminium until about the 1890's when Charles Hall used Aluminum in his advertisements. In fact the American Chemical Society STILL uses Aluminium as the official spelling.

What makes you think I'm talking down to you or that you are any better than me? We are all on a equal plane, and I'm not about to take crap from you either.

15. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

This should give you a better idea of how the core contact attatches to the motherboard: http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2271

It seems easy to do, but I don't know how sturdy it is though...it performed better than the TRUE in the tests they did....noise was a little high, but another fan could fix that....

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFL!!!! Didn't know we could be wrong about so much, even the spelling of a word. lol. You guys make me laugh. ;)

Check this out. ;) I think the guy that "discovered" aluminum gave it that moniker and then the Brits (imagine that???) changed it to "aluminium" to make it SOUND better... OK.. that's fine... BUT does that make it the wrong spelling because we decide to use an excepted spelling and form???????
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

NOW here's some alternate spellings and therefore if you use those spellings (even on there forums) we would be spelling it wrong BECAUSE they don't spell it "aluminium".... OK I'm done with this word.... NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

....gm

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

there isnt anyone asking you to take crap from anyone. im just sick of you and your gangs little snide comments about americans... if you dont like americans get your sorry ass out of MY country. yes MY country... i was born, raised and served in the military here and will die a proud american and im DAMN proud of it. its people like you that have so much hate towards americans, but want everything we have for your own. if you dont like it leave it....

18. ddp

abuzar, knock it off & to everybody else we'll leave those type of comments to our selfs, not here. UNDERSTOOD!!!

19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

GM, I guess I was wrong then lol.

I guess if thinking that your spelling is wrong makes me hate Americans then I'm guilty of it.

20. ddp

we either stay on topic or i shut this thread down so which is it??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.