1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You wont hear any more of it from me.

I PMed Rob.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

once again ddp i will say sorry for the last time.i dont want to be the one to have this thread closed. I hope there still can be some learning here....

thank you....................

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  3. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

Back to the sunbeam core contact!....
    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2271
    I posted this earlier if anyone wants to know how it attatches to the motherboard, not exactly clear but you could also see the manual at sunbeamtech site if you want (which is here...

abuzar: You said you would go with the sunbeamtech over the TRUE?? It's a lot cheaper, and easier to install as well...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the mods & i run it, we just let you guys post here to hopefully learn from it.

shaffaaf, your comment is still waiting.

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah, everyone has been saying it attaches securely, and with it's price and performance, I would certainly take it over the TRUE.

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

"Everyone" being Newegg reviews...cant think of anyone round these forums that have used one. We need a guinea pig!

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

Everyone being the websites reviewing the stuff. Not newegg reviews.

But, yes, we need a guinea pic. I VOLUNTEER THE GM!

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

that review is goofy. they report the TR ultra 120 to cool better than the TR ultra 120 extreme, which we all know is incorrect. they also have nothing in the fan speed column for either. I guessing they're testing them without a fan since they don't come with one but I have no idea where they're coming up with the noise level either.

if they are using a fan on them, they should specify what fan they are using. I'm not sold on the core contact design yet.

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I meant from other reviews. I don't really trust Frostytech or Anandtech for cooling reviews.

10. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah, I would trust them. As far as the bolting it down goes, you could always just buy a bolt through kit.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

mrk44,
    Give a look at these for cpu coolers. :) linky

They have the mounting hardware with the kit and cool just fine. I actually like the design and they remind me of the Thermalright IFX-14 but only smaller and "better" looking. ;) lol...

...gm

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Cool sig...ROFL

14. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

lol Those coolers acutally do look a lot "better". I've never seen such colorful coolers! lol
    But their cooling performance isn't great compared to others at the same price....(I read some reviews)...
    I'm not getting my CPU until around august 30th anyway because intel ran out of stock, so I'll have to wait...gives me more time to wait for the danamics lm10!...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  15. greensman

greensman Regular member

I saw that the other day. I think that Sophy posted it. ;)

When are they available?? Can't remember. lol. /me goes to find out... :p

Well good luck with the cooler you choose. ;)

....gm

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

mrk44,
    I'm sure you noticed all the sound levels were pretty high! There is no way that A Freezer 64 can make 50+dBA, not even at full speed bolted to a Porcelain Steel tabletop from the 40s! I know I have one in the AMD and I've tried it! No not the tabletop! LOL!! Another fan probably wouldn't fix it if they were doing the testing! Their temperature readings are hard to understand and I think their math is just a little faulty. The number you read are supposed to be the difference in the temperature "above" ambient. basically, they are full of it! LOL!! my question is why take something as simple as CPU Temps and make it so complicated? It makes no sense unless you are trying to manipulate things to your own advantage! I would seriously doubt the order of performance shown as being legitimate! In fact I know better! So do the folks here that have TRU-Es!

Russ

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    Hey Wimp! Bet my point and click interface smokes yours! Lightweight!

[​IMG]

ROFPIMP!

Russ

18. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

theonejrs: Are you saying that frostytech is a bunch of idiots, or that the sunbeamtech is a bad cooler? or both?? I know frostytech is crazy w/ their readings and results (I noticed too when I first read their reviews lol)...I only go there to see the top five heatsink ratings...

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

mrk44,
    What I'm saying is yes, they are idiots! By using their own figures and explanation for how they arrived at them, that 16. something translates out to about 33C in a 72f/22C room. I know from the feedback from all the people here that own either a TRU or a TRU-E, that the overall results are very fishy!

Hey all,
    Here's a decent price on a good video card! $129 after 20 MIR!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...MC-IGNEFL080508-_-VideoCards-_-L0B-_-14130318

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

mrk: Another fan wouldn't fix the noise level, it wouldn't be as powerful if it was quieter, and if it wasn't as powerful, the performance of the cooler would be degraded. It looks to me like a lot of the advantages in the cooling prowess of the sunbeam are that it has a higher speed fan than most people would buy to fit their TRUE.

Theone: There's no way you can make a Freezer cooler to make any more or less noise than it normall does as it's completely vibration free! One of the saving graces of that cooler acoustically is there's no resonance whatsoever, it's the same 40-42dB noise level at full speed it always is. Of course, that's at the full speed I got. When it runs at 2400-2500rpm versus 2700, I'm sure it's quieter... lmao.
    As for the video card, don't mean to urinate on your campfire, but I'd really rather recommend these:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102747
    Yes, they're not quite as cheap, but they're miles faster.

As for the whole spelling thing, I probably started that as it's one of my minor 'pet peeves' so to speak, so I humbly apologise for how out of hand it got. I find it hard to believe that anyone here would be making a serious insult about it, but clearly folks like Cincyrob are very protectively patriotic, and good for them, why shouldn't they be? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.