1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

---As far as my experiences go, DVD-RB knows I have 4 cores, while it runs I still rip a DVD with a BenQ1640 while burning with a 1650 while surfing and I guess yeah that is 4 jobs at once...I agree with GM's statement about the game not being as responsive, but wouldnt that be a memory issue which might not even be an issue with 64bit OS and 8GB?

2. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

For those w/ TRUE's, did you guys find it difficult to install?
    A lot of review says it was an absolute pain (like mounting the fan, or putting in the 775 adapter bracket between the heatpipes)...

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I still haven't got the Pro version of DVD Rebuilder so i can use all four cores.

damn stomach flu so I'm down for the count! plus i have to get heart test ran (chest pains) hopefully it just from the flu though

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

krj: Would PCIe2 make a difference for 8x? I can't help but wonder whether a PCIe 2 board that runs at 8x would be the same as PCIe1 8x, I don't know whether the increased bandwidth applies for all electrical speeds or just 16x.
    mrk: I have a TRU-A, and after I figured, no, lucked out with getting the mounting plate through the heatpipes, it wasn't so difficult, barring the fan clips, which were extremely difficult, to the extent that I left one sandwich tied on instead. This problem is primarily created by the fact I have an Aluminium case, which requires a chassis support strut right over the top of where the CPU cooler sits. Steel cases like the Blackline don't have this, so it will probably be be easier to fit the fan - easier still, try fitting the fan to the cooler before you put it in the case...

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

re the Quad Core multitasking question, i do 'normal' multitasking ie i use DVD Rebuilder alongside Convertxtodvd and DVD Flick, plus surfing, burning discs, playing music etc etc, but as i'm no pc gamer (for the last few years anyways) i can't say i've tried a game alongside other things. But that wouldn't be what i'd call 'normal' multitasking anyway, i certainly wouldn't want to be running cpu/graphically intensive games alongside encoding & burning type duties.
    Anyway, that's why i have so many other machines/consoles.

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

creaky and all thanks for the replies. That's my take on it and until I get a decent PC game and a fully functional Quad machine I'll NOT be able to answer such questions. :)

...gm

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nor me... :p
    Given the fruitless search for cheap 939 replacement hardware though, it's looking like I'm going to need to build another 775 system, which can probably have my E4300, making it Quad core 'o' clock. Sigh, more expenses!

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I'm trying to Convert my Sony Optiarc AD 7190A, so it will bitset. Liggy page says due to the fact its the 1st optiarc & a Lite-On, theirs no way. Now I found NEC AD-7190 P-ATA Firmware 1.05, at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Nec/ But as U can see its SATA, will it work
    This is what I've got...Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7190A_1.02.bin

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I updated to Firmware APH7_105WIN.EXE..But it still does not bitset..Need a little help

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

videohelp link shows you what the Sony AD-7190A drive is chipset wise

CDF link to AD-7190 @ Lite-On DH-20A3P Confirms that the drive is actually a LITEON DH-20A3P

Go here and d/l this file >>>> DH20A3P - XV68 HT717 H12X

After you "flash" the drive with that f/w. RESTART your puter. ;) Then open imgburn (if you use it) and set the LITEON tab for bitsetting. ;)

Another way is to use the bitsetting utility. ;) go here for it You'll have to scroll down a bit for the link and then go to the webpage for the utility. :) The utility page should show you how to use the utility and get you started with Smartburn too. :)

Any questions just PM or go to the blank media thread in my sig... :)

....gm

11. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

what do i have to say to stop the DVD talk??? :p hehe, i joke

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

talk about how big of a GPU i can use on my GA-P35-DS3R....

or we could talk about slow roasted babyback ribs, corn on the cob, some hot peach cobbler and a nice ice cold budweiser.... oh some one slap me im dreamin.....or am i?????
    GM what ya think? got the cooker going?

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No limit on how big you can go on a GPU with the mobo, only the case and PSU limit that, and your wallet of course! :)

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

greensman..OK I flashed it(EV68HT717WIN.EXE) now the front Diode keeps flashing, & it won't open

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

going to PM... seems like something may be "irregular". ;)

....gm

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

he said irregular... he must be backed up......lmao sorry bout that...

i dont have deep pockets so im limited when it come to the GPU's

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nor do you really need to empty them, do you?

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

nope.lol not now anyways...

gotta save for my board and cpu

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Now I can't flash back 2 105 it tells me its an Atapti Drv & the firmware is 4 Optiarc

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,
    It's amazing that you can still get a couple of brand new socket A (462) motherboards, but there's nothing in socket 939! The cupboard is bare!

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.