The Official PC building thread - 4th Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

I'll check into the silver I have a case or two like that it is sad that silver didn't last long most cases now are just black unless you go with an overpriced gaming cased then you get all sorts of nice colors. I need to get back into silk screening so that I can add back the print and logos after painting some of my gear.

[​IMG]

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Steve,

I'll save you the trouble. The Color is Arctic Silver #8800910 (M) UPC code 2691680910.

Russ

3. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Thanks Russ,
    Stevo

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Anytime1

Russ

5. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Really nice reader, unfortunately the promo code doesn't work, here is what I got before completing an order.

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCKFKB49, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria. Please double-check your order and try again.

7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Sorry about the double post, but the first reply didn't take, or at least I didn't think it did, I was re-directed to another page saying timed out, I have had many problems with this thread, posting, replying, and numerous duplicate e-mails from this thread, I asked for advise about this before and nobody ever answered.

8. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Promo code works as I just bought one with it. Here is the link to the promo sales for this 72 hour event. If you still have problems contact NewEgg I'm sure a CSA can help you with any problems, again the sale is legit and I just bought one.

72 Hour Sale

Fred, goto the link above and at the top you can become a subscriber which would enable this promo code for you. Sorry I didn't relize it was for subscribers only but it is free and you don't have to get advertising emails if you don't want that.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'd probably buy one, but timing is really bad. As well as not having a 3.5" bay. I'd have to convert one of my 5.25" bays. That's out of the question :p

I got my Fan controller yesterday. I'll be hooking it up today. :D

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You could always, you know, just have four 5.25" drives, instead of five?

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

1BD burner, and 3 Dvd writers? Ugh. I suppose I could. But I rarely use a reader :p Although I plan on getting a Wii one day, So I'm sure I'd use it before too long ;)

12. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Oman7, good luck with your fan controller let us know how it works out. I should probably do the same as you are my old controller flaked out on me and my PC is too loud know if I hookup all my fans so it would help me if that pans out well for you.

13. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Mezzmo is a no go it crashes on my Hot 100 1991 folder, the tag.dll chokes and if that wasn't bad enough Mezzmo corrupts my firewall so I have to uninstall that as well as Mezzmo everytime I try it out. Nasty program it seems no other program does this including PC Share but PC Share also has a nasty component in it too. I guess I'll try SerViiO next but may just end up back at TVersity & PC Share, hope not though.

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ugh, I can't stand software like that...

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Steve,

Newegg Promo Codes only work if you have signed up for their special promos. This was on Newegg's current 72 hour sale that came around Midnight, last night. Sometimes the Codes are regional, based on where they are being shipped from, as well.

The problem with putting it in the eMachine's case is the spring loaded tray door. It's not rectangular, as all the corners are round with the hole smaller than the card reader, so it won't fit flush with the front bezel. The drive bay sits about 3/4 inch further back, so you would have to drill some new holes as well. I've installed them on HP & Compaq Towers, with spring loaded tray doors, but it really looks ugly. You can remove each door assembly individually, but it leaves a considerably larger hole, so you see the sides of the card reader.

I could install one in my main machine, but then I would have to give up my Kama-Bay fan, which takes up 3 of my 5 drive bays. I have two DVD Burners in the remaining bays. I have one for a 3.25 bay, but I need a floppy drive more than a card reader. I do a lot of file transfers from floppy to HDD, mostly old backups. I even do 5.25" 1.2GB floppy transfers occasionally, usually after someone old dies, and a business is sold. I have a Teac Dual Floppy Drive for that, which I guard with my life. LOL!!

Russ

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Floppy drive? What's that? LOL! Nah, I have one or two still sitting around. I used one last time I updated the bios of a 2001 machine.

17. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Actually what I do is cutout the door, or use a 5.25 conversion plate, for the standard cutout of the 3.5" rectangle and use the back two screw holes to mount the reader with as long as the hole or case secures the front bezel in some way. But your right it's a bit of work however once you've eliminated the front door you now are not limited down the road. That's my approach anyhow.

Stevo

P.S. if you read my reply to Fred you'll see that I pointed out needing to be a subscriber, I did'nt think their promo would be limited, ooooops.

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I couldn't resist. I opened the box to have a look at the Kaze-master. I must admit, I didn't realize that Sensors would be included. All i'm interested in doing, is manually monitoring my Fans RPM's. I may not even use the sensors. Perhaps I may on the northbridge though. That way I have 2 temps I can look at ;) I'll be performing the task either tonight after work, or in the noon time tomorrow :D

19. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Thanks for that imput Steve, although I have been a long time customer with newegg I was never signed as promo customer, so I signed up, it did say I need to wait 24 hours when I got my confirmation, and they must be right cause when I tried the deal again I still got that error message, I'll try and give it a shot tomorrow and hope it works by than or at least before the deal expires, I also want to jump on thier $17.99 100pk Verb deal. Anyway thanks much Steve.

20. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Fred,

I've been a long time customer too, as a matter of fact I've been with them since they started and were called EggHead. Like you I'm new to the subscription thing, signed up about a month or so ago. Hopefully everything will work for you tomorrow.

Glad you could jump on some deals,
    Stevo

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011