1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Positive Thinking Thread,Post your Quotes,Good Deeds,Life Stories etc

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by aabbccdd, Aug 27, 2006.

1. lonernz

lonernz Member

Gold Wrapping Paper"

I received this from a friend who had a choice to make. It said that I had a choice to make too.

I've chosen. Now it's your turn to choose.

The story goes that some time ago a mother punished her five year old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and she became even more upset when the child used the gold paper to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.

Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift box to her mother the next morning and then said, "This is for you, Momma."

The mother was embarrassed by her earlier over reaction, but her anger flared again when she opened the box and found it was empty. She spoke to her daughter in a harsh manner.

"Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?"

She had tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Momma, it's not empty! I blew kisses into it until it was full."

The mother was crushed. She fell on her knees and put her arms around her little girl, and she begged her Forgiveness for her thoughtless anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later, and it is told that the mother kept that gold
    box by her bed for all the years of her life.

Whenever she was discouraged or
    faced difficult problems she would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us, as human beings, have been given a Golden box filled with unconditional love
    and kisses from our children, family, friends and GOD. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

You now have two choices:
    1. Pass this on to your friends, or
    2. Delete it and act like it didn't touch your heart.

As you can see, I took choice No. 1.
    Friends are like angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

If you receive this more than once in return just know that your friends have also thought of you!

No virus found in this incoming message.
    away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Very Good Story!!

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

suicide is a waste of time - natural causes will kill you soon enough

old woman joke
    Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.
    As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a
    cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
    The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist. "Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.
    "Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through
    the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter."

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

5. crowy

crowy Guest

KIDS IN CHURCH

3-year-old Reese:

"Our Father, Who does art in heaven,

Harold is His name.

Amen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little boy was overheard praying:

"Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it.

I'm having a real good time like I am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the christening of his baby brother in church,

Jason sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car.

His father asked him three times what was wrong.

Finally, the boy replied,

"That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home,

and I wanted to stay with you guys."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One particular four-year-old prayed,

"And forgive us our trash baskets

as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they

were on the way to church service,

"And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?"

One bright little girl replied,

"Because people are sleeping."

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3.

The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake.

Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson.

"If Jesus were sitting here, He would say,

'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait.'

Kevin turned to his younger brother and said,

"Ryan, you be Jesus!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A father was at the beach with his children

when the four-year-old son ran up to him,

grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore

where a seagull lay dead in the sand.

"Daddy, what happened to him?" the son asked.

"He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied.

The boy thought a moment and then said,

"Did God throw him back down?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A wife invited some people to dinner.

At the table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and said,

"Would you like to say the blessing?"

"I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied.

"Just say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered.

The daughter bowed her head and said,

"Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"

6. crowy

crowy Guest

FRIENDS: Move out when they're 18 with the full support of their parents.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Move out when they're 28, having saved for that nice house and are a week away from getting married...unless there's room in the basement for the newlyweds.

FRIENDS: When their mom visits them she brings a nice bunt cake and you sip coffee and chat.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: When their mom visits them she brings 3 days worth of food and begins to immediately tidy up, dust, do the laundry or rearrange the furniture.

FRIENDS: Their dads always call before they come over to visit them and its usually only on special occasions.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Are not at all fazed when their dads come over, unannounced, on a Saturday morning at 8:00am and start pruning the trees with a chainsaw or renovating the garage.

FRIENDS: You can leave your kids with them and you always worry if everything is going to be ok plus you have to feed them after you pick them up.

ITALIAN FRIENDS: No problem, leave the kids there and if they get out of line the Italian friend can set them straight...plus they get fed.

FRIENDS: Always pay retail and look in the yellow pages when they need something done.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Just call their dad or uncle and ask for another dad's or uncle's phone number to get it done...cash deal, know what I mean.

FRIENDS: Will come over for cake and coffee and expect cake and coffee,no more.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Will come over for cake and coffee and expect an antipasto, a few bottles of wine, a pasta dish, a choice of two meats, salad, bread, potatoes, a nice dessert cake, fruit, coffee and a few after dinner drinks...time permitting there will be a late lunch as well.

FRIENDS: Think that being ITALIAN is a great thing.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Know that being ITAL IAN is a great thing

FRIENDS: Never ask for food
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Are the reason you have no food.

FRIENDS: Will say hello
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Call your parents mom and dad.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave

ITALIAN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing and just being together

FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.

FRIENDS: know a few things about you.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' ass that left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
    ITALIAN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!"

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
    ITALIA N FRIENDS: Are for life.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

good ones crowy lol , keep posting

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Crowy...It's so true! and the closer they are to the values of their heritage, the truer it is (not just Italian in name only). I studied to be a catholic priest many years ago and many of my friends were Italians from "Federal Hill" in Providence RI, most of sicilian origin. What you posted was true of most of them; not just Italians though, you found that same sort of frienship and loyalty in the Portugese guys, the Polish guys, the northern Irish guys etc. The one thing they all had in common was that they all came from "Old World" catholic families or they and their families were still very much in touch with the values of their cultures. I miss having such friends; they're hard to find in a "disposable society".

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007
  9. lonernz

lonernz Member

Why I fired my Secretary…..
    Last week was my birthday and I didn't feel very well waking up on that morning. I went downstairs for breakfast hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, 'Happy Birthday!', and possibly have a small present for me. As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone ' Happy Birthday.'
    I thought... Well, that's marriage for you, but the kids.... They will remember. My kids came bounding down stairs to breakfast and didn't say a word.
    So when I left for the office, I felt pretty low and somewhat despondent. As I walked into my office, my secretary Jane said, 'Good Morning Boss, and by the way Happy Birthday! '
    It felt a little better that at least someone had remembered. I worked until one o’clock, when Jane knocked on my door and said, 'You know, it’s such a beautiful day outside, and it is your Birthday, what do you say we go out to lunch, just you and me.'
    I said, 'Thanks, Jane, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go!’
    We went to lunch. But we didn't go where we normally would go. She chose instead a quiet bistro with a private table. We had two martinis each and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.
    On the way back to the office, Jane said, 'You know, it’s such a beautiful day... We don't need to go straight back to the office, Do we?’ I responded, 'I guess not. What do you have in mind?’
    She said, 'let’s drop by my apartment; it's just around the corner.' After arriving at her apartment, Jane turned to me and said, ' Boss, if you don't mind, I'm going to step into the bedroom for just a moment. I'll be right back.'
    'Ok.' I nervously replied. She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake ... Followed by my wife, my kids, and dozens of my friends and co-workers, all singing 'Happy Birthday'.
    And I just sat there...
    On the couch...
    Naked!
    --

10. lonernz

lonernz Member

Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church. Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate.
    Soon the church was empty except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.

So Satan walked up to the man and said, "Do you know who I am?" The man replied, "Yep, sure do".

"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.

"Nope, sure ain't" said the man.

"Don't you realize I can kill you with one word?" asked Satan. "Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone.

"Did you know that I can cause you profound, horrifying AGONY for all eternity?" persisted Satan. "Yep," was the calm reply.

"And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan.

"Nope" said the old man.

More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Why aren't you afraid of me?" The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for 48 years."

11. lonernz

lonernz Member

Ethel was a bit of a demon in her wheelchair, and loved to charge around the
    nursing home, taking on the long corridors. Because the poor woman was one
    sandwich short of a picnic the other residents tolerated her and some

One day, Ethel was speeding up one corridor when a door opened and Kooky
    Clarence stepped out with voice. ³Have you got a license for that thing?²
    Ethel fished around in her handbag and pulled out a Kit Kat wrapper and held
    it up to him. ³OK² he said, and away Ethel sped down the hall. As she took
    the corner near the TV wheel, weird Harold popped out in front of her and
    shouted ³STOP! Have you got proof of insurance?² Ethel dug into her handbag,
    pulled out a drink coaster and held it up to him. Harold nodded and said ³On
    your way, Ma¹am.² As Ethel neared the final corridor, Crazy Craig stepped
    out in front of her, buck-naked, and holding his you-know-what² in his hand.
    ³Oh, good grief,² yelled Ethel, ³Not that damn Breathalyzer Test again

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Heart warming

>> be careful what you say lol

>> A 5-yr old girls first job
    >>
    >> Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed
    >>between a little 5-year-old girl and some construction workers that
    >>will make you believe that we all can make a difference when we
    >>give a child the gift of our time.
    >>
    >> A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant lot. One
    >>day, a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the
    >>empty lot.
    >>
    >> The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an
    >>interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of
    >>each day observing the workers. Eventually the construction crew,
    >>all of them 'gems-in-the-rough,' more or less, adopted her as a
    >>kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with
    >>them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little
    >>jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.
    >>
    >> At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a
    >>pay envelope containing ten dollars. The little girl took this home
    >>to her mother who suggested that she take her ten dollars 'pay'
    >>she'd received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.
    >>When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally
    >>impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very
    >>own pay check at such a young age.. The little girl proudly
    >>replied, 'I worked last week with a real construction crew building
    >>the new house next door to us.'
    >>
    >> 'Oh my goodness gracious,' said the teller, 'and will you be
    >>working on the house again this week, too?'
    >>
    >> The little girl replied, 'I will, if those assholes at Home
    >>Depot ever deliver the fuckin' sheet rock...'
    >>
    >> Kind of brings a tear to the eye - doesn't it?
    >>

13. crowy

crowy Guest

aabbccdd,
    ROFL!!!!!

14. crowy

crowy Guest

Your Driver's License Tells It All.....too cute!!

A mother is driving a little girl to her friend's house for a play date.

"Mommy," the little girl asks, "how old are you?"

"Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age," the mother replied.

"It's not polite."

"OK", the little girl says, "How much do you weigh?"

"Now really," the mother says, "those are personal questions and are really none of your business."

Undaunted, the little girl asks, "Why did you and Daddy get a divorce?"

"That is enough questions, young lady, honestly!"

The exasperated mother walks away as the two friends begin to play.

"My Mom won't tell me anything about her," the little girl says to her friend.

"Well," says the friend, "all you need to do is look at her drivers license. It is like a report card, it has everything on it."

Later that night the little girl says to her mother, "I know how old you are, you are 32."

The mother is surprised and asks, "How did you find that out?

"I also know that you weigh 140 pounds."

The mother is past surprised and shocked now.
    "How in heaven's name did you find that out?"

"And," the little girl says triumphantly,"I know why you and daddy got a divorce."

"Oh really?" the mother asks. "Why?"

"Because you got an F in sex."

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

LMAO!!! good one crowy!!

16. crowy

crowy Guest

Many people are at a loss for a response when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt." Now you can intellectually handle the situation.

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt.

Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, a partner of Kneedeep &. Schitt Inc.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out.

After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Mr. Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.

Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a nervous son, Chicken Schitt.

Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new bride, Piza Schitt.

So now if someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt", you can correct them.

Not only do you know Jack, you know his whole family!

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

BLIND WAL-MART CLERK:

A woman goes into Wal-Mart to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday. She doesn't know which one to get, so she just grabs one, and goes over to the counter. A Wal-Mart associate is standing there wearing dark shades....

She says, "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"

He says, "Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound it makes.

She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.

He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB test line. It's a good all around combination; and it's on sale this week for only $20.00."

She says, "It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!" As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.

"Oh, that sounds like a Master Card," he says.

She bends down to pick it up and accidentally breaks wind. At first she is really embarrassed, but then realizes there is no way the blind clerk could tell who it was.

The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $34.50 please."

The woman is totally confused by this and asks, "Didn't you tell me it was on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?"

He replies, "Yes, Ma'am. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00 and the Catfish Bait is $3.50."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  18. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

lmao
    that's a good one aabbccdd

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Satan in Church

A few minutes before the worship service got underway, the church go-
    errs were quietly sitting in their pews, talking softly and waiting for
    church to begin.
    Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church.
    Terrified, everyone began screaming and running for the rear exit, even
    trampling each other in a frantic effort to escape from this unexpected
    appearance of evil incarnate.
    Soon, everyone had exited the church--except for one old elderly
    gentleman who calmly sat in his pew, seemingly oblivious to Satan's
    presence.
    Satan walked up to the old man in a menacing fashion and said, "don't
    you know who I am?"
    "Yep, sure do," replied the elderly man, quite calmly.

"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.

"Nope, sure ain't" said the man.

"Don't you realize that I can kill you with a word?" asked Satan.

"Don't doubt it for a minute," replied the old man, absolutely unfazed.

"Doesn't it bother you at all to know that I can cause you horrible pain
    and bring terrible suffering into your life?" the devil persisted . . .

"Nope," was the man's reply.

Exasperated, the devil demanded of the old man, "why are you not afraid
    of me?"

The old man calmly replied . . . "Been married to your sister for 48
    years."

20. crowy

crowy Guest

"I No Come Work Today!"

Hung Chow calls into work and says, "Hey, I no come work today, I

sick, headache, stomach ache, legs hurt, I no come work."

The boss says, "You know something, Hung Chow, I really need you

today. When I feel like this, I go to my wife and tell her to give me