1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The post your amount of posts thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by sobhy2406, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Damn, that's real sad, but hopefully we'll see him around often :) Good Luck Mate.

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Feels sad when we lose a member of the AfterDawn family. gear, if your reading this i hope you reconsider and drop in from time to time. you are a legend on this site.

when you next crack open a budweiser think of afterdawn.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

As someone who really apreciated and enjoyed gears "company" wit and good humour I will surely miss him and if you ever get a chance to read this gear it was a PRIVELAGE to have you include me in your Buddy list.
    Whatever you do mate, take care and stay well. Cheers

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@locoeng
    Txs for posting the email.
    Yes aD can be a little 'addicting'!

@gear79
    Take care of yourself and family - that's what really matters. aD will still be here when you want to pop in and say hi! (which I hope you do!)

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@gear79, take care buddy. i'm up to my ears in a shedload of personal crap myself of late, that's why i haven't been round here lately, and am moving back onto dry land next week, not overly happy about it and a lot of other things but life's a box of chocolates as they say;

i'll be offline for a day at most and back online in the week when i've got my stuff unpacked, got a lot of posts to catch up on as it is.

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Everyone who knows gear knows he's a little crazy but that he is also an intelligent individual who will be able to find a way to deal with what he has going on in his personal life and will be back in no time flat.

Who could stay away from AD anyway??

7. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

gear certainly is nutty

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It's a shame, I just started getting to like him too :(

-Mike

ps. All the best gear.

9. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

@GEAR79
    I hope you visit this thread as a 'civilian'(LOL) browser...
    It was a PLEASURE to know you, i hope you try to at least come back here to say hello. I know how heavy AD can turn out to be in your life, especially when there's people here like you! You didn't have to suspend your account, you could have just left it as it was and nipped in here every now and then just to say you were alive! I LMAO many times with your jokes, i thought we cracked each other up pretty well!
    I wish you well, happiness is a must in life, it comes up top in the list... I'm sure you had to do it... Take care of yourself and your family.
    Oh, and remember, you have my e-mail addy, if you want to throw a joke around, go for it!

10. i_suck

i_suck Guest

COME BACK!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2006
  11. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah I did some checkin around about Gear79 and found that out for myself. I didn't know him well, be he was a nice guy. If I use my powers of deduction on that email, I can paint a picture of an individual much like myself. He will be missed. AD is a way of life, but I find it's been consuming too much of mine as well. I've been neglecting studies, school assignements, and hobbies to hang out here. I'll catch up, don't fret. AD is important to me, but the real world is more important. Unfortuantely Gear79 didn't feel like he had a choice in the matter. I feel like that sometimes, but it comes down to self control. If I can quit drinking and smoking, AD's not gonna get the best of me. This site is going downhill what with all the repetitive noob questions. I've met a lot of people and learned a lot here. But for personal reasons, I hope to not be on here as much in the near future. I understand Gear79's decision, and a couple years ago I might've done the same thing in his shoes. Nowadays, I've learned the art of self control.

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Here Here.

-Mike

13. whompus

whompus Active member

I asked the Lord to tell me
    Why my house is such a mess.
    He asked if I'd been 'putering',
    And I had to answer "yes."

He told me to get off my fanny
    And tidy up the house.
    And so I started cleaning up...
    The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
    That really did the trick...
    I was just admiring my work...
    I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
    A real absorbing site
    That I got So way into...
    I was into it all night

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

so i'm gone 2 minutes and the place goes to hell.Where's gear GONE AND WHY.

15. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Check the previous page for info. If this many people miss Gear79, he must've been a stand up guy. I can only hope the day I make my last post people will have such kind words for me. I'm reminded of some poignant moment in anime where the hero decides to sacrifice himself to protect someone or something important to him. It's sad, but Gear79's still here. Your words of kindness show that. Not to be overly dramatic (it's not like he's dead), but it's still sad. Cheers Gear79! You will be missed!

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

read the email on page 32 andmerr

17. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks aabbccdd, i see and understand why but isnt it a bit drastic to become inactive.Just dont visit so often would of being the logical step

18. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah that's what I said. It does seem a bit drastic. But I'm sure he has his reasons. It sounds like maybe he made a bit of a rash decision. Really it's not my concern, I wish him well. While we're all here, Gwendolin, Andmerr, aabbccdd, LOCOENG, weazel200, Lethal_B, permiggs, Mik3h, it's nice to meet you. I already know some of you, other's I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. Most of my posts are in the PS2 forums, so I don't get a chance to interact with all of the people listed in this thread. Let me formally introduce myself, I am Tokijin lol. As I've scanned the depths of AD looking for answers to questions, I've read posts by all of you that have been useful to me at some point. Keep up the good work. If we don't all do our best to make AD what is, the non searching noobs will take this site over. I'm not ready to hand AD over to them yet. Cheers to all!

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah iam with you andmerr but sometimes people just like the extra attention they get doing it this way. for whatever reason ,and i like gear alot but apperantly there is some kind of problem his having being that he may be on here to much and NOT with his wife and kids which can cause problems. people come on go one thing about life it never stays the same very long .and glad to meet you
    Tokijin ,most of this gang is in the media/ripping fourms

20. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Let us join forces to fight the evil CMC Mag Empire! Long live TY's and Verbs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.