1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The problem with my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by AloushA, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AloushA

AloushA Member

Hey guys!
    So my friend gave me his Xbox the other day saying "this is from ages ago i found it the other day i remember hitting it around where the hard drive is so that might be the problem."
    So i check and the hard drive got i think it code 7 error (I think the hard drive is totally dead my computer wouldn't recognize it., so i put my own 80GB hard drive in and got error code 16 so i followed a guide on this site which worked but now when i turn on the xbox i get the error code 5, i have read guides on this forum but not quite sure how i can lock the hard drive.
    My friend did say that the xbox could play chipped games but i have no idea if its hardmod or softmod and do not have much experience in this area, if somebody could help me would be great.

Thanks

2. wowstin

wowstin Guest

Try playing a burnt game and if it works you have a chip and if you dont sorry cant help but if you do try this
    Boot up your xbox Preferably with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.