1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ripper doesnt recognise my free GB space

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnmerit, Dec 8, 2003.

1. johnmerit

johnmerit Member

I am a complete beginner and have just downloaded ur DVD Decrypter. In the decrypter log this appears:

W 00:46:25 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support files > 4 GB

Does this mean that it doesnt recognise that i have enough GB's of free space.(which I'm sure I have ?). If this is the case how do I make it recognise that I do have enough free space of GB or am I doing something wrong ?? I am running Xp Home edition...

Ur advice would be most grateful urs John_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'm not an elephant, im a human being!!![/small]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Nah....

What it is telling you (warning) is that your HD is formatted to FAT32 specification which cannot support single files over 4Gb.

This is not a major problem as Dvd Decrypter is normally defaulted to splitting files to no more than 1Gb......(have a look in settings

I am surprised your running XP on FAT32 though as it is common to have it as NTFS which basically does not put limits on file sizes.....

As long as you have approx 7-10Gb you should be OK....depends on what you are ripping - movie or complete disc, obviously the complete disc would maybe require at least upto 9Gb and then after processing you may need an additional 5Gb.....

So really a VERY safe level is approx 14Gb....

3. malum

malum Regular member

You could convert the drive to NTFS very easily

4. johnmerit

johnmerit Member

Thank you very much for your help!!!....
    So what benifits would it give me to change from fat32 to NTFS and how do I do it ??

Ur advice would again be much appreciated

Urs john..

5. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

are you computer savvy, because changing formats is a rather tedious process?

6. johnmerit

johnmerit Member

No Im a complete newbie but I learn very quickly if explained very clearly. I also have a few other queries about dycrypting my dvds... I have tried copying afew dvds and the file size on all of them is too large and i get a message appearing that their isnt enough space on disc before i have even burnt it to a disc can anyone one explain??

Formatting sounds hard to but what I really need to know is, how do I burn my AVI Dvix etc .. files from kazaa onto dvd because they dont seem to be recognised by nero do i need a decrypter for these as well someone, anyone please help !!!

Urs John

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  7. johnmerit

johnmerit Member

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'm not an elephant, im a human being!!![/small]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  8. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

search the microsoft data base and u will find out how to convert fat32 to ntfs w/out runing ur files, don't use dvd-decrypter although it is nice dvd-shrink is better. burn using the VIDEO_TS folder

9. johnmerit

johnmerit Member

Cheers ripster01
    Can u advise me on my othr issues too please such as how do i convert the avi and other movie files to be recognised by nero for burning ??

And i have just read an article about converting from FAT32 to NTFS and you lot are right I will try to change it.

Thanks John

10. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

yep no problem glad to help,

i have never done avi-to dvd since i don't download stuff like that from kazaa but i believe you need TMPGEnc, although don't quote me cause i am not sure_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Win xp sp1
    amd 2000+
    256MB ddr 333
    pioneer dvr-ao6
    NERO, DVD-DEcrypter, Shrink 3.0 beta 5[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2003
  11. johnmerit

johnmerit Member

Cheers again but what i ment was that I can not seem to burn any thing onto dvd because none of my files seem to be recognised by nero or shall i still use ur advise above???

Urs john_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'm not an elephant, im a human being!!![/small]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  12. malum

malum Regular member