1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rules..or lack of them?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by janrocks, Jan 9, 2007.

1. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Is it possible to force new members to read the site rules before they can post anything?. I have seen this on some sites where if you click the "I have read and understood the site rules" when you haven't, it clears the form and sends you back to the homepage.
    There are a multitude of "help me" and "please help" thread titles, and despite it being clearly stated that posting emails is against the rules it's still rife in certain areas.
    It must be hard for the mods to waste time clearing all this rubbish up.. and while we are at it, can we have an alteration to include the multiposting of stickied tutorials as a new thread (copy/paste) as a bannable item.. same for just quoting in it's entirety a previous post with nothing new..

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. The search function before asking a question should be enforced or thread closed if already answered (i.e. new dvd release backups). Also instead of quoting a post stickied word for word why not just post the link and if the original poster or anyone comes along and has a specific question then dwelve into specifics. Just my two cents.

3. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

ive also seen taht they hide a code in the rules, and when you register, they ask for the code