1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Skinny on playing games from the Xbox HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Cayotic, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Cayotic

Cayotic Member

I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for.

I've got a Chameleon modded Xbox powered by the almighty EvolutionX which in turn was installed using Slayer's Autoinstaller 2.1.

I have been FTP'ing all day, well really for the past week. All my videos and pics, and music files just cause I can. The guys at work are going nuts over this stuff and I think I may have let the cat out of the bag. As if I am not busy enough they're going to be coming around asking me to mod their toys.

Anyways, back at the ranch, I have 17 games on my HDD and only 11 load properly. I have craxtion V21, XBEmidp2, and a DOS prog called XBpatch2.bat. The only game I have successfully patched was NBA streets Vol2. The others just say "LOADING" and I have to get off my ass to reboot the Xbox.

I'm not looking to create ISO's, because from my limited knowledge they are just to assist you in creating a media backup of your existing game. I don't care for that, I just want games to load faster. Hence the HDDloader question. If I did decide to play a game from a DVDR do I still need to crack the default.xbe? Craxtion says it patches iso's which leads me to believe you do need to. If this is the case, I don't want backups for sure. My opinion, if you want a backup. Get another Hard drive in your PC big enough to back up your XBOX and go from there. Just backup monthly.

I understand we can't link to sites containing pirated material, but are there sites and IRC channels dedicated to distributing the default.xbe for every game imaginable? Maybe in my perfect world.

Now along these same lines, I am curious about Nintendo emulators and games. Is there a bundle out there that has everything you need, similar to slayers. I heard the games are very small so creating a bundle doesn't seem too far fetched.

Thanks for your help, maybe we can get all other noobs on the same page with this post.

2. Cayotic

Cayotic Member

Ok I understand now. When everyone says use HDDLoader they mean the app that installs the game from D: to F:. This app patches the game for you. Awesome... Took a little bit of configering and now I have to redo all my games. What I mean by that is, I use to FTP from D to PC to F, and then patch.

The HDDloader app saves time. Thanks to Halofan for putting up with my questions. The guy can't log onto MSN IM without me hounding him!

So now my question remains around nintendo roms. I founf a site, romnation.net that has a large collection of roms. What emulators and software do I need to get this setup for on the xbox.