1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "sledging" thread.. (revisted)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Lethal_B, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

update 16/10/07: revisited for the Rugby world cup 2007!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    OK, so I don't often make threads, let alone talk about cricket.

But, after reading the papers today, it makes me sick to see has-beens like Warne and Mcgrath putting England in the build-up to the upcoming Ashes series.

It's all talk, such as last year when Mcgrath predicted an Aussie whitewash, but that never materialised, now did it? Now he's predicting the same thing again. *YAWN*

And as for the hostility of the so-called "Pommie-bashing" crowd, we won't be phased. Will take a lot more than a few yellow-painted numbnuts to keep us from retaining the ashes.

With or without Vaughan, talent and lion spirit will provail versus "all mouth and no action", the bunch of prima-donnas that make up Australia's National Cricket team.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Lethal_B,

Just 3 things to say about an England win of the Ashes

[bold]In your DREAMS[/bold]

BTW how are England going in the Rugby League "Tri Nations" series??

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Yes, I must agree. Last year was fluke. This year we will get it, Thats all there is to it. (Not that i support that scandalist Warne, But hey)

4. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

fluke or not, last years ashes was the most enjoyable series to watch in years, even though the better team lost :p

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

shane warne is the greatest spin bowler of all time, you poms have nothing that comes even close
    :)

6. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

shane warne, shane warne, shane warne, shane warne, shane warne.........I think the record's stuck. Any time anyone mentions the Australian cricket team and the Ashes, then the gramaphone is cranked up and out comes his name. He "was" a great bowler, but where is his replacement? the man is passed his best. Monty for England is in the ascendancy and will be a great asset with his spin this winter. I think this could be a fantastic series and I am hoping that the England team curb their enthusiasm to wallop the "convicts" for their usual pre match waffle and pointless attacks and work as a team. The bulldog spirit got them through last time and will do it again. Come on England

7. Lethal_B

Get in there!

In my dreams, and also, on BBC news ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4128908.stm

England don't play rugby league. We play rugby union though and, oh, don't we hold that one aswell..? oh yes, we do!

So far you've given me nothing but opinion, gwen. Come see me when you hold some sort of award / trophy.. ;-)

Yeah I saw Shane Warne in Neighbours the otherday and I couldn't help but think that his acting is better than his cricket these days..

Lol, he was..

/me waves at all the Aussies, ashes in hand.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  8. emachine

emachine Guest

Cricket, spicket who gives a fricket! Lol just messing, I have no idea what cricket even is... Let alone know if its a good sport or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2006
  9. Lethal_B

/me laughs at the lost Yank ^

It's a crap sport, like rugby, but, regardless of what these Aussies say, the records show that we beat them in the Rugby world cup final in 2003 and are the holders of that and also -- the Ashes.

It's nice beating Australia, even if it is easy..

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Lethal_B, I'm sorry to correct you but England DOES play Rugby League (and not very well) as they, along with Australia and New Zealand are presently competing in the Tri Nations Cup...the next game Aus V Eng being played tonight here in Oz...they were defeated last weekend in New Zealand by New Zealand and will lose again tonight.

BTW we will also flog you when the West Indies , Australia and England series of " Beach Cricket" (between former international players) is held here in OZ later this month...on our SANDY beaches...in the SUNSHINE!!!

11. Lethal_B

Sorry to correct you correcting me, but England don't have a rugby lge team. There is a GB team, but that's not England, now is it? ;-)

Have it! If you need to invent sports in order to salvage some national pride and actually win something, then get crackin'!

Yeah we have crap weather, but, bad weather = more sex.

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You got me there!!

13. Lethal_B

Aww, I feel bad now! :p

It's a nice rivalry we have with you's anyway ;-)

14. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

Rivalry with the Ausie crowd at a cricket or rugby match is brilliant banter, I love it. Have shared many a pint after a game swapping stories with them . Just to add a little spice to this thread, in a rather Pythonesque way,

"So what have the Aussies ever done for us?"

Besides brought us Fosters "the amber nectar?" yuck!!! please feel free to add more he he.

15. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

whats wrong with fosters?

16. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

Fosters? whats wrong with it? Well if you like it, I suppose not a lot. However my personal choice is to dislike it, because I'm not a gassy, tasteless, wishy washy lager drinker. It's purely my opinion and its totaly subjective. However this comment was made tongue in cheek as I said

as in the film "Life of Brian" when the question was asked " What have the Romans ever done for us?"

As to the Rugby League and the Great Britain team. Read here for a full report on the bashing the Aussies took today :) 23-12 seems like a reasonable score to me

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyle...BYL_Britain.html&TEAMHD=general&HEADER=&YEAR=

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  17. Lethal_B

Ooops, 3-0 gwen..

[​IMG]

..seems you can't beat us at anything just now!

18. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

So now you are claiming Great Britain as England...yes Great Britain did beat Aus in the first game but lets see what happens next week in Brisbane and then [bold]IF[/bold] they make the finals.

BTW did you note Aus won the Champions Trophy in cricket...England didnt make the semis.

On a [bold]BRIGHTER[/bold] note...Willie Mason copped a 1 week suspension...he's such a prat!!

19. Lethal_B

Cheer up gwen, I'm only playin' witcha! ;-)

I am British as well as English, however, Britain is not the same as England ;-)

The Champions what? Bring on The Ashes!!

20. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I had a good online friend, from the UK, explain a little about cricket, to me. I would love to see a game, match, or whatever it is called, but not one of those 5-day puppies. LOL

It does interest me, but in the USA, I have never seen it on ANY damned television station.