1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the smurfs movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by amberlene, Nov 25, 2011.

1. amberlene

amberlene Member

Can not get The Smurfs movie to backup using anydvd or DVDFab. Has anyone been successful in backing up and burning it?

2. italboy2003

italboy2003 Member

I was successful copying the Smurfs movie.....using Anydvd and dvd decryptor (found on Line....search google).....run Anydvd and copy using dvd decryptor.....as dvd decrypor encounters the file where the problem is hit ....cancel...it will ask you if you want to delete or skip the file.....hit skip and let it continue.....there are are a few more file it will encounter with problems......keep hitting cancel and it will decrypt them.... i think there are about 5 files that it will need to decrypt further.....once Dvd Decryptor finishes successfully....open dvd shrink and go to open files....open the Smurfs folder on the C drive...this is where Decryptor usually puts it. Dont hit back up....but rather Re-Author......then drag over the main movie...I chose the first one with no angles......now you should be able to hit back up and it should copy....

good luck
    guy

3. willflow

willflow Member

Striaght DVD Shrink works with this, when in doubt always give it a try, you'd be surpised. That lions gate protection... DVD shrink... most of the newer disney stuff. Shrink. And now smurfs. Perfect. it's been over 2 years since I haven't been able to rip something using either dvdfab (free) or DVD shrink and I rip just about 5 new movies a week. #justsaying.

4. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

I am having problems backing up Smurfs as well i have tried using Dvd Shrink and Dvd Fab version 8.1.3.6. no success either way. I keep getting a error message something about error while reading! Please choose what to do. And when i hit the button to either ignore or ignore all it just runs but doesn't ever read the dvd. Can anyone help me please. I am still fairly new at doing this kind of thing. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

dvd is likely slightly scratched and dvdshrink won't be able to fully read it while it will still play in a dvd player

6. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

I look at the dvd and I wasn't able to see any so I was wondering if you might have any other suggestions for me to try?I already tried using dvd shrink and I get a error while reading so it didn't work for me. I tried dvd fab 8, dvd shrink, rip it for me, i even downloaded a trail of any dvd but I still couldn't get it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  7. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

So has anyone else been able to copy the Smurfs and have any infomation that might help me besides the ones that have already commented above? Still haven't been able to back it up so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Try a combo of AnyDVD and DVDFab.

9. XMP2K5

XMP2K5 Member

Use ANYDVD 6.8.8.10 to rip it to the HD then use DVD Shrink.

10. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

Ok, i am new to using any dvd so is there a guide or something that I can use
    Ok, i am new to using any dvd so is there a guide or something that I can use to make sure I am doing this right? Because I tried to use it to rip it to the hard drive but it didn't work for me, so i am assuming that must have did something the wrong.

11. XMP2K5

XMP2K5 Member

Just right click on the little fox on the system tray then click rip video to HD. Then when it is finished there will be a folder that was created. Open that folder(video_ts) in DVD Shrink and just backup the movie only.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011