1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The software and anything to make perfect quality DVD help!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Jinkazuya, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

I don't really care about the money or thing. It seems I am too cocky for that. Sorry if that sounds offensive.

I have downloaded some of the movies from the website which I have to pay for $30 per month, which is considered to be legal. However, all the movies are in RM format, the size of which is 280x370 or whatever, I don't remember, which is too small. Whenever I try to use WINAVI or Total video converter plus with Nero recode or encode, the result is not really satisfatory. My question is whether there is anyway that could make the damn movie in RM format which I downloaded from the website perfect quality similar to an ORIGINAL DVD QUALITY like those sold in stores. I know I am a bit greedy, but I am really sick of poor quality by spending $30 per month downloading the crapy quality movie after the conversion.

What tools do I need to buy? DVD duplicator or any better software. One of my friends sells this kind of copied DVD, and they are no difference between the original DVD and the copied one he sells.

Note: I am not selling, I am just making a perfect quality DVD for home or self-use only. But I am really fed up with the crapy quality RM format.

I have read the NERO GUIDE AND HAVE READ OTHER THREADS OR POST MADE BY YOU GUYS, but it doesn't help.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You're not gonna be able to make the quality any better, than what you download, unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, to get studio quality equipment and software! Don't know that you could make it better, even then. The original is as good as you're gonna get, and in your case, the download is your original. Get the actual dvd of the movie.......
    So, you're friends with a pirate? It's people like him, that's causing the RIAA, to go after everybody!

3. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

No...I meant yes he is a pirate...which is not a good thing. But I should admire him that he is talented with an ability to create such thing that could make profits by selling them. Is that right? I know you don't agree with me because pirate is wrong unless you have the original DVD, by no mean shall you make any illegal copy. I understand that.

Anyway, most of the real company use 4.7GB DVD to make a pretty good quality movie. If you guys do know TVB or some other brands, each of their DVD has included two episodes with subtitle selection, menu, audio selection. Also, the main thing is the quality is so damn good that the frame rate also goes with it, meaning there is no any blockage, which the movie plays pretty smoothly and you won't get dizzy as you watch it.

How can they include all this stuff within one 4.7GB DVD without shrinking it? I have tried it by using the worst quality movie downloaded somewhere as demo with Nero as my main burning tool to burn it. As the guide you could find here, which was written by someone, if you wanna have the best quality of the movie, you are allowed to add any movie which is 60 minutes. But each of the episodes I have is 45 minutes, and hence how the heck can I do to make such DVD as TVB or some other hollywood movies? I just wanna know that. I am such a damn newbie, I hope people could take the time and respond to my question accordingly, I would appreciate that.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you can't unless its just a short movie and fits on a dvd-5 in the first place.

you can't improve the quality of the downloaded movies bottom line . your best bet is to backup the store bought dvds and quit paying 30 bucks a month for poor quality downloads

and Jinkazuya edit your post about your buddy selling copies .its against fourm rules so read them before you post please!!

5. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

Thanks for the advice...By asking this, I did not mean to do any illegal stuff such as embarking upon any illegal activities. That I downloaded stuff such as movies from the websites is because I want to learn how to manipulate the burning software program and how to improve my skill of bettering the DVD quality of those movies that I have already owned. Again, thanks so much.