1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the sopranos

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by rajsehgal, May 2, 2003.

1. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

Hey guys..

I am trying to copy my sopranos dvds, season 1. I am first contemplating on copying them, because I have read posts which say the quality is pretty bad, since the original is over 7 gigs, compressing it into 4.36 would be a big difference. Now I use smartripper, and I have dvd2one 1.1.1 which does allow me to copy 'movie-only' and 'full disk'...

Using smartripper I am ripping the entire dvd onto the harddrive. I decided to the full disk mode rather than just the .vobs since there was only like a 200 meg differenceI am going to see for myself the difference in the quality.

I was wondering is there any other way to possibly make the quality better, say it is poor?... Any suggestions, and if someone has already done this if they can share how the quality is compared to the orginal

thanks alot
    raj

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

IMHO (for what it is worth!) Sopranos, which I also have, while well filmed, is not all about the quality and has no SFX anyway. I have backed up some of these and it works fine for me. If you can cut out extras, or course that helps, although you can't currently do that with DVD2ONE. Also, you would be unable to backup Sopranos using the movie only function, as a quirkiness of episodal discs and this kind of compression routine of that it selects only the main movie file (which in this case would be the longest episode only) and compresses that (although in reality there would be no compression as the movie would only be 1 hour long)

Good luck and for me, now back to the Snooker ;-)

Paul.

3. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

thanks 'loaded'...So I just used dvd2one on the sopranos first season disc 1, and the quality wasn't that great, but from far its not noticable. I guess I will just burn it as it is then, but i can surely see a big difference in the quality. And I dont want to have it on 2 dvds, that would be crazy. If anyone has any different ways or any ideas, id apreciate the feedback...

thanks alot
    raj

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

There really are no more ideas, I am afraid.

Paul.