1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the system cannot find the file specified

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by copecope, Apr 8, 2005.

1. copecope

copecope Member

Ive only deen using dvd decrypter/shrink for a few months but have had this problem a couple of times. Decrypter skips a file while downloading to hard drive. Then when I try to use shrink to burn it says the system cannot find the file specified. But I can watch the movie off the hard drive. I dont know the proper term but when this happens ive noticed that there is only one file/folder located on the hard drive and when it works fine the dvd is located in 2 file/folders. I am using the latest versions of both programs, I have 2 comps. both fairly new and both did the same thing. Also I have read that people are backing up a movie a lot faster than me do I need to change the settings some where. I can back up a movie using xcopy in about 1/2 the time it takes decrypter/shrink.
    thanks for any help you can give me ---cope---

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

DVD structure is 2 folders

Video_TS
    Audio_TS

Generally speaking Audio_TS is no longer used but may be required by some players to validate the format.

Simply make sure you select all files when ripping (you can always delete them after) and then it should work fine.

As for your speed question, some progs run faster than others, but this could be because the end result is not as good when compared to the prog that took a bit longer. Try a few different apps till you find one your happy with.

3. copecope

copecope Member

Taz thanks for the feedback. After looking closer the 2 folder part in not a problem. It seems when everything works fine, shrink places a second folder on the hard drive containing the compresed movie and that is the one it uses to burn to disc. But still not sure what causes it not to be able to find the movie some of the time.
    thanks ---cope---

4. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Are you doing the Main Movie only then using Open Files in Shrink. If so open the files with Re-author in Shrink. I had the same problem.

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Personally, i have never used DVDshrink to burn. I take the compressed output from DVDshrink and burn it with nero, works everytime.

:eek:)

6. copecope

copecope Member

Thanks for the feedback. I have only had the problem a couple of times, so I think ill just keep using the program like I have been unless it starts to happen more often. But back to the part about the 2 folders. Does decrypter put the whole dvd on your hard drive then shrink puts what you want to burn into a second folder and your burner takes it from there? ---cope---

7. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Cope,

There is an option in DVDshrink to backup the DVD to the HD first. Using this option you can specify where DVDshrink will put the files. You will of course have to make sure you have at least 10Gb free as you will have 2 copies of the DVD on your HD until you burn and remove the files.

Also, if you have the luxury to 2 HD's you can rip with decryptor to one drive and then shrink with DVDshrink to another. This will speed up the process.

Good luck