1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trick Apple Doesn't Want Ipod Owners To Know About!!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by johnodd4, Oct 24, 2005.

1. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

Here It is The Trick Apple Doesn't Want Ipod owners to know about

Greetings my name is John Erik Madsen recently on apple.com i posted this trick i got a threatning letter back from apple.com's web master saying my post was banned because it violated the ipods warrenty which is not true so because they banned me i will try here for all to see

THIS IS 100% LEGAL NOT ILLEGAL LIKE APPLE SAYS IT IS.

so here we go

a couple of days have gone by and i noticed a lot of people with ipod nanos and ipod mini's kept having firmware problems the ipods would connect to the computer but the firmware would not let them transfer music due to a bad firmware upgrade done by the ipod user
    so no matter what happened you wouldn't be able to transfer music
    so i told everybody about the linux for ipod trick let me explain what it does and how it works to fix a ipod

first off use this at your own risk i have only had a chance to try this on ipod minis not on nanos and this trick will work on older ipods as well

thing's you need

1.go to www.google.com and search for linux for ipod and find the linux ipod installer

2.a ipod (of course)ipod mini,ipod 1stgen,ipod sec gen,etc no nanos

3.a usb cable

4.a windows based pc

no lets start with the basic's

the linux installer will install linux on a ipod but it has another wonderfull feature of downgrading the ipods firmware and upgrading the ipods firmware here is what to do to fix a ipod

1.hook up your ipod to your computer wait for the ipod to finish updating with i tunes then in the ipods option menu tell it not to start up i tunes when the ipod is connected.

2.unplug then plug back in the ipod

3. run the linux installer tell the linux installer to install the stock operating enviroment along with ipod linux don't worry..

you will notice once the linux installer is complete the ipod will not boot and you may just get apple logo and think oh **** i just killed a ipod but you will notice you cannot power off the ipod at all as well

(don't worry this gets better)

use the common reset trick which is play and menu for ipod minis and you will notice your ipod will reset and restart then use the ipod upgrader to upgrade the firmware on the ipod then go into the ipod in my computer and open the ipods drive in my computer and delete the linux folder

congratulations you just revived a ipod from a firmware screw up

now remember i am not responsible in anyway for how this information is used and what will happen if you use it wrong..

i had to do this trick just to get my ipod to work again after a bad firmware update my ipod would connect to my computre but wouldn't let my transfer music

but like i said after posting this information because of apple being worried it might take money out of there 300.00 repair cost it got banned so please keep this open this forum is usefull and by reading this you all know it isn't illegal

thanks
    johnodd4

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

apple obviously don't like the linux hack.

PEOPLE, it is wayy too risky. and the results are poor quality video.
    don't say you weren't warned...