1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Best Buy HDTV Horror Story

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mecheng97, Jan 12, 2007.

1. mecheng97

mecheng97 Member

Best Buy has offered to replace my set with one of equal monetary value and I have accepted. With that decision, I would like to take this opportunity to share the following thoughts. First and foremost, I feel that divulging the names of the people involved was totally inappropriate and despite the difficult circumstances, the ends do not justify the means. I have always despised the media and tabloids where this behavior is common place and I regret lowering myself to that level. This was merely a product of extreme frustration but inexcusable nonetheless.

I would also like to mention that my acceptance was conditional upon the premise that all those involved would NOT have their employment with Best Buy terminated. This includes the agreement with the service company. I would rather have this regrettable episode serve as a “Lessons Learned” type of event so preventative safeguards can be established. The other condition was that monetary compensation that was slated to be added to upgrade the value of my replacement television be donated to the Hospital For Sick Children located in Toronto. My intent when I began this campaign was never to profit.

Finally, it is vital for everyone to realize that this statement was not a clause in any agreement with Best Buy and it was made completely voluntary. I was sincere in my original letter when I stated that Best Buy stores offered a wonderful atmosphere and great products.

Thanks to all that took the time to comment and read my post. Having my DLP unit replaced along with a handsome donation to the Hospital For Sick children could never have been accomplished without your help. I am truly grateful to everyone.

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

mecheng97 ,what made Best Buy change there mind and replace the DLP set? and who finally made that decsion?

plus you showed alot of class though out this whole ordeal sir . most people would of been spitting madand would of never handled it like you did