1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xSModder, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Halogod93

Halogod93 Guest

ok dude i need alot of help and i se ur the kinf of guy i think i need.First i read ur tutorial and do u know where i can get the 1.0 version of splinter cell? Ihave action replay and stuff but need some serious help seriously lol
    peace
    Halogod93

2. Halogod93

Halogod93 Guest

u can get it used at gamestop but i rented it and finished softmodding it in like 3 min.

3. Halogod93

Halogod93 Guest

wait how the hell did u get to use my name?

4. Greg22200

Greg22200 Guest

i need a link to download SID4 because whenever i download it and try to transfer it to ar it says not a valid save

5. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

What do you nedd help with downloading bud?

6. xSModder

xSModder Member

SID sucks.

It's horribly uncompatible because a real version is very hard to find. And plus, it doesn't work with Splinter Cell Platinum (which is kind of a bummer)

You should just use Ldots Itools.

@HaloGod

You don't need the 1.0 version of Splinter Cell if you use Ldots Itools. The platinum hits edition works just fine.

7. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

8. h3llraz0r

h3llraz0r Member

hey Im really new to modding and i found a site to tell me how to softmod my xbox and all, im gonna be usin it to mod in halo2 and i have a few questions, first off. i have splinter cell and action replay, the linux profile and installer, second. whats all this itools stuff, do i really need that? and also where can i download dot halo and ppf-omatic, i dunno if this is all specifically for halo or not but i was told you needed dot halo to make your own mods, also can anyone give me some links and info on everything i need to mod, and lastly if i mod my xbox can i still play halo2 online, i know i will be banned from matchmaking but i dont really care about matchmaking anymore, if anyone can help please do so. thanks

9. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

of course you need the ltools! its the most crucial part of the tuturial! and yes you will be banned from live.

10. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Speaking of Live, which I've never used. There is an option on Slayers 2.6 install apps and emulators on F "stealth mode". Is this for playing backups on live, that would have been my guess, if someone knows, I'm curious. Its the option I use, but I can't expiriment cause I don't have an account.

11. h3llraz0r

h3llraz0r Member

ok i found out everything i could damn near know bout moddin....sorda, but when i go to checkpoints on the linux profile on splinter cell it says tech support needed......WTF DOES THAT MEAN? and dont say it means tech support needed please.

please help!!!!

12. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a good copy tar zipped. What version X BoX do you have?

13. h3llraz0r

h3llraz0r Member

i have no clue what version i have, uh....how can i check?

14. h3llraz0r

h3llraz0r Member

it wont let me copy the linux installer to my hardisk

15. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

This should be labeled: how to softmod with old linux files with only splinter cell.

If you want a better tutorial with more current linux files, you can check out this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710

Or you can view my profile page that has uptodate tutorial for SID and Krayzie's installers.

edit:
    If you can't find SID then you shouldn't softmod. The real version is here on after (in the link above). I work with one of the guys that test and edit SID so we made sure that all the errors we could find are not in the installer anymore.

Isn't Ldots old...it must be quite uncommon too. The 2 most common ones are SID and Krayzie and if you can't find them...somethings wrong. Krayzie is on xbins and you can download AID 3.x from torrents and have the most current SID...that is actually uploaded by DJB. Or, you can just pay 10 bux for VIP at xbox-hq and get ftp access to all of their files...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  16. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

I'm only fimiliar with ldots ltools. To find out what version xbox you have you go to your MS dash and select settings and then scroll down to system info. The screen will automatically scroll. look for the 2 #'s. Mine reads
    K:1.00.5838
    L:1.00.5960
    I've got a 1.6. its been a while, but this will determine what bios and such will work with your console as ltools gives you choices.

17. h3llraz0r

h3llraz0r Member

k thats what i have too, and do you know how to help me with my memorey problem? it wont let me copy the linux installer to my harddisk

18. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Well what does it say. When you extract ltools_v1[1].7.5_SC_NTSC you will have part 1 and part 2 zip files drag and drop the on your empty action replay, also I would try erasing any SC games saves on your x box. It is possible like I said before the saves you have are corrupt, and I'd be more than happy to e-mail a good one to you. Just PM me your e-mail, don't post it in the forum.

19. h3llraz0r

h3llraz0r Member

well i got the linux stuff right out of the action replay community saves...im not using the ltools, because i dont have it, but i dunno how to get the intsaller to my hard disk if it wont copy

20. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

You can't download linux installer or the linux profile off codejunkies. I told you I would e-mail you a copy.