1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xSModder, Sep 1, 2005.

1. harbin15

harbin15 Member

I have a question i was fooling with my modded x-box when i was looking through the dashboard options when i choose the orignal dashboard. I can not get back to my other dashboards to run games. I am new at this and bought the x-box already modded. How can i get the dashboard changed. When i try to ftp it i get nothing but a timed out message. Someone Help!!!

2. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

On mine, I squeeze the triggers and press each thumbstick at the same time to kinda restart the console. Try it, do you have a mod chip?

3. harbin15

harbin15 Member

mine has been hard modded i squeeze the triggers and press back and the black button to restart but all i get is the orignal x-box dash.

4. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Triggers and press the thumbsticks in.

5. harbin15

harbin15 Member

That does nothing on my system. anyother suggestions.

6. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Do what you did but instead of the black button, press start:
    L,R,BACK,START

7. harbin15

harbin15 Member

Tried it, didn't work. It restarts, but still on the original dashboard. any other suggestions?

8. xSModder

xSModder Member

There are a couple of combinations for In Game Reset, and that is what everyone has been trying to tell you to do, in hopes you will get back to the modded dash.

However, when you choose the regular dash, it stays like that. And if you don't have FTP access anymore, you're going to have to go out and get it modded again or mod it yourself.

9. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

i have agent under fire but do i have to have platinum hits or do i have to have it regular for softmodding

PLZ help me and can i use the ssid installer deluxe using 007

10. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

i have agent under fire for softmodding but its platinum hits can i use tht or do i have to have the regular version. And when i tried to softmod i went to load mission and it said loaded files were unaible to load.But the program i used was ssid installer deluxe can somebody help and help me fix the problem i will give them a 3 month

i love modding if i can do it and would i get banned from xbox live only for matchmaking or the whole game

11. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

It can't be Platinum Hits

12. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

alright dude but am i doing anything else right like am i allowed to use sid installer deluxe

13. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

and do u play halo2 if u do umm do u get banned just from matchmaking or the whole game. And to get online after u mod do u have to do something special or do u just sighn on

14. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

hey people can somebody plx help me ok i went thrue all the steps to softmod but when i go to the 007 load mission it wont load i have the platinum hits is tht the problem plz reply and to get online do u have to do something special or do u just sighn on. and would u get banned from the whole game or just matchmaking when u sighn on with the mods.and how do u use flash fxp

15. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

when u get banned on halo2 do u get banned from matchmaking or the whole game

16. Faku

Faku Member

Hey i went to splinter cell and ive clicked on the linux save and all it does is go to a black screen with green letters that says like 'service required" then says it in other languages, is that what is supposed to happen. ive never done this before and aleady its ticking me off so can i please get some help fast before i through my xbox at the wall.

17. GOT_HALO

GOT_HALO Guest

THIS WORKED GREAT!! THANX

18. regime

regime Regular member

question, can AID unlock my wrong password locked hd? I started buildin a new HD, but i kant complete it cause i kant lock it

19. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Did you include the correct eprom bin in your xboxhdm iso. Is the hdd locked or unlocked?

20. regime

regime Regular member

its locked rite now, and it has the correct eeprom , but it was locked with the WRONG password, so now i kant hotswap r notin