1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xSModder, Sep 1, 2005.

1. gooses

gooses Member

how do i get it so that when there is no disk in tray, it loads EvolutionX instead of MS dashboard? (I have EvoX installed)

2. Saragon_I

Saragon_I Member

OK, I have everything to where I have the itool files in a seprate document. How do I get them into the AR screen and onto my memory card?

3. MyRobot

MyRobot Member

ok i've tried the SP, platinum edition too and it takes me to a screen saying you xbox requiers service, please contact xbox support.
    i'm at a lost on what to do here... could there just be somethign wrong with my box??

4. MyRobot

MyRobot Member

do they still ban from matchmaking even if you don't mod on it. so lets say i have a softmodded xbox and played online but didn't mod on it would i still get banned form it???

5. cdal325

cdal325 Member

no you wouldnt as long as you are not modding

6. Zen420

Zen420 Member

So i modded my box with no problems. I go to transfer files onto using smartFTP. I can access my box, but when i go to transfer the files (using a drag-and-drop method) it transfers the files, but not the directories. Should i try a different program to ftp? I connect using a static ip and a cross-over-cable. If you have any ideas let me know.... Thanks

7. MyRobot

MyRobot Member

i tried my other xbox and it's doing the same thing. I can't figure out why it won't let me do this.

8. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Xlee - just press the B button....

@MyRobot - YES you WILL BE BANNED even if you're not hacking the game. Going on Xbox Live with a modded Xbox is an automatic ban....if you choose to listen to someone else who informs you differently, that'll be your $60 down the drain....

9. xlee008

xlee008 Member

thanks jonbtrini... but the next thing is.... it loads up linux... i backup and the screen goes blue and green then it sits for ever.... after that... i'm not even sure if its done.... like a day.. then i install using the 2nd option down and it does the same... could it be that the file is corrupt? any ideas?

10. MyRobot

MyRobot Member

okay well i'm not worried about being online or not i still can't softmod my xbox.

11. xlee008

xlee008 Member

i think i'm 6/8ths the way there already... got every thing running except during installation of linux after all the things i chose, it freezes into a half screen; blue on top and green on bottom!! haha.. any ideas guys?

12. xSModder

xSModder Member

@xlee: it sounds like your file is corrupt. try getting a newer or different one from another site.

13. MyRobot

MyRobot Member

Smodder do you know why i can't do this??

14. redbagel

redbagel Member

hey could anyone tell me what xbox version i have i bought it in late 2004 after holiday package. i've tried to softmod it before but when it was installing Evox the srceen was flickering different colors

15. hunkre

hunkre Guest

i think i'm 6/8ths the way there already... got every thing running except during installation of linux after all the things i chose, it freezes into a half screen; blue on top and green on bottom!! haha.. any ideas guys?)))))))

ummm dude thats what mine did and it installed what you gotta do is leave it at that screen and look at your xbox eject button the button will start flashing when it is finished that screen is not an error dont worry just wait at it till light flashes

16. redbagel

redbagel Member

ohh i turned it off when it showed a flickery rainbow sort of thing and u could see faint letters

17. redbagel

redbagel Member

ohh i turned it off when it showed a flickery rainbow sort of thing and u could see faint letters

18. hunkre

hunkre Guest

yep you have to leave that screen on that is the install screen it shouldnt take way to long though just let it sit like 5-10 mins at the most if it doesnt work by then its screwed up but yes i did that too got freaked turned it off then found out that i have got to actually wait for the disk is ejecting sighn so it will be fully installed i have unleash x and it rocks and i got it by 007 agent under fire exploit at xbox-tribe.com dont mind that the site is spanish just look around there eventually you will find the right one

19. xlee008

xlee008 Member

yeah the only problem is that i can leave that screen on for like 2 hours and its still the same. i'm using mech assault. i also have splinter cell but no one has the files for that game, and i cant seem to find it under the ftp site as well. unless someone is nice enough to send it over via msn or etc... haha.. okay, i'll give it another try from a file else where.... before i used version 8... i think i'll try version 1.7.5 instead then.... i'll wait till version 1.8 gets a lil more stable. thanks for the heads up i thought my files were just goin berserk on me.

20. hunkre

hunkre Guest

here is the problem.... i have tried it with every game but splinter cell i hear splinter cell works fine but i tried mechassult and every file ever possible even from #xbins and i eneded up buying agent under file first try i got it worked well long story short people stop wasteing money on mechassult xbl has been updated to fix the mechassult xploit and it freezes it up from what i know plus there are no more existing useable mechassult files i suggest going to the above website i mentioned(www.xbox-tribe.com) or(www.a4h.com) those both have i think good splinter cell filez good luck man