1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xSModder, Sep 1, 2005.

1. nukethewo

nukethewo Member

im been having problems connecting to xbox live. i did everythignt aht i was told to do in order to mod my xbox. but now i cant even connect. i tried to log into halo 2 but it wont even let me it doest even show me logging in. and then i reseted my xbox live adapter but that didnt do anything. then i put nfl 2k5 in and i checked to see if i could log into xbox live but it said i had to go to network settings and i clikced on that. then when i clicked on it it borught me to this black screen sayting call technical support or something like that in different languages. and i had to take out my disc shutoff my xbox and restart it. and i tried using flash fxp but it wont even connect it would always say connetion timed out. and now im stuck on the evox dashboard and i would like to know how to get back to the ms dashboard. so please someone help me asap. just pm me or e-mail me at

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  2. sharaz508

sharaz508 Member

Can someone just email me Ldots iTools SC 1.7 plz. My email is

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  3. mr_misfit

mr_misfit Guest

U can use AR max every 1!And instead of spintercell you can use 007 the first one on xbox not platum edition tho.this isnt a very good tut.

4. mr_misfit

mr_misfit Guest

omg!!! dont use flash to ftp!!it sucks.type this in your PC adress bar ok?! ftp://xbox:xbox@(your xbox ip found in evox setings the 1 in blue)...type that in EXACTLY. OK?tell me if if it worked.

5. Mod65

Mod65 Member

SModder your tutorial sucks, and it is not accurate.....YOU CAN use ARMAX and you can use mechassult and or 007 agent under fire...JUST TO LET EVERY ONE OUT THERE THAT READS HIS TUTORIAL ITS NOT ACCURATE SO FIND ANOTHER ONE HIS TUTORIAL WILL MESS UP YOUR XBOX YOU WILL PROBABLY GET ERROR 16 <<<<<< you don't want that....... that will mess up your xbox for good....and if you gies mod stay out of RANKED MATCHMAKING or just matchmaking itseld.....sometimes you will not even be able to log on xbox live, the ban hammer will detect your mods and ban you!

6. gamami

gamami Member

Hi Xs Modder-
    I had a hard time finding Ldots iTools SC 1.7 so I would really appreciate you sending me the link at dremichmel@yahoo.com.
    -Thanks
    Duff Man II (GAMER TAG)

7. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

@ mod65

Chill out! And until you write a guide shut up. These guides are not garuntees'. There are to many varibles to consider. There is always more than 1 way to do something. If it was so terrible what do you suggest he do?? All you did was complain. Why not offer up the guide you wrote?? Ya thats what I thought. So why not link to the website you used?? Something as simple as "This guide did not work for me I went to www.haveaniceday.com for my guide, and i recommend it to yall". Much more polite and you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a bind. Just chill out.
    LD

8. billycage

billycage Member

hey i have a problem i did everything u said to do but now i have no dashboard it says please contact custimer suport and i cant play games on xbox live can u plz email me as soon as possible at billyblind_69@msn.com
    thanx

9. xlee008

xlee008 Member

i dont know about you guys, but i followed xsmodder's guide and it went pretty smooth. got it softmodded and everything is working dandy. the only thing is i'm not going to xbox live and i'm not putting in a hard drive. at the time being, im just backing up my games via dvd-r.

If you guys messed up, dont blame the faq, blame yourself as you and i know this is just all a risk and experiement. what i used:
    went to mirc got the link to ftp the files. then transfered the files via armax. then ftp'd over and backed up my stuff. i dont know how many times i read his faq.... maybe 10,000 times before i started anything. do your research and you should be fine guys!

10. kidmeow

kidmeow Member

This message is for "ILLMAG7"....I had the same problem as you do...but I just used different softmodding files using Splinter Cell...they made new ones that are more safe at www.a4h.us if you wanna check em out...just softmod using those. If you have troubles just email me or something and I'll try and help you out. :D

11. xSModder

xSModder Member

im back everybody...mom...shez gone. :(

wow...you guys are real...@$$wipes. i mean, come on, i used ARMAX with these saves before, and they HAVE corrupted my game saves. its called using personal experience.

ill be happy to edit my first post so that no one else "messes up" as a cause of this (not sure whys though..)

FlashFXP is quite the best tool out there to FTP. if you are tech savvy i applaud you while using internet explorer, but the problem is, i couldn't have just said: "connect to the FTP using IE"

@xlee and lawndog

thanks a lot guys...its people like you that make me want to keep responding even when people are total @$$wipes.

12. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

How do you find out what version is your XBox? Exactly what is Action Replay and how do I get it? What is Ldots Itools SC 1.7 and where can I download it?

13. chrsk13

chrsk13 Guest

How long can it take to backup?

14. Mod65

Mod65 Member

@ lawndog

Ok, you have a point, but you dont have a point.....I made a reccemendation on his guide because all of the other guids i have read...they all say different things....and NO i am not going to mod my xbox because there are just to many things that can happen....so many errors....If you purchased a new xbox...arount the time it came out....all i can remember was it was around.....$200....that is a $200 investment on a gameing system...all i am trying to do is help.....I dont want everyone reading a bad tutorial and messing up there xbox for good....so before you talk listen to the WHOLE story....

15. chrsk13

chrsk13 Guest

Can you put games on your hard drive with this?

16. chrsk13

chrsk13 Guest

Can you still go on xbox live if you do this and how do you know what kernal it is?

17. xxgerbsxx

xxgerbsxx Guest

were can i find the run linuxes for splintercell who can give them to me my aim=gerbilman101 fi anyone wold give them to me

18. Mod65

Mod65 Member

Once u install the splinter cell installer...Action Replay won't regignize the installer as an xbox save......mods take an hour to download a peice...its NOT worth it....bridge or something thats what im gunnu do...IF YOU WANT TO MOD HALO
    ...i am goin to bridge
    me and my freind.....TEAM STANBY....and if he forces me host i can boot the other team...if you want to play with us, give me ur gamertag and ill send you a friend request....I HAVE 1 MORE OPENING....im out..pZ

19. asrgames

asrgames Regular member

When ever I select the Linux profile from splinter cell it's blank, but if I select Check point a get: Your Xbox NEEDS SERVICE error 21,
    but my Xbox works fine I restart it and can play games and everything but it just won't install Linux, any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  20. Mod65

Mod65 Member

Same here....BUT MY FREIND KNOWS WHAT HES DOIN ILL CHECK OUT WHAT HE DOES...and update you...MABYE