1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xSModder, Sep 1, 2005.

1. llLostll

llLostll Member

Ok well, i have a modded xbox hooked up with XboxMediaCenter and it won't let me get onto xboxlive. when the troubleshooter gets to ip adress it says No Connection. could anyone help me get past this problem i'm facing. but i do have alot of modded maps, also i downloaded dothalo and it said that a .dll was not found or some crap like that, i think it may have somthing to do with me not having windows XP. could somebody help me out. Thanx

2. kanate

kanate Member

I've tried to follow your steps. However, my xbox will only show error 21 after i tried to load a savegame (using splinter cell) and never go further to the next step. Please help.

3. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

What do you guys mean by saved game?

4. ryan988

ryan988 Guest

do any of u guys know how to soft mod with mechassault? if u do u can aim me at supstud988 so ya

5. Rizapen

Rizapen Member

plz send me them!

Disturbed-06@hotmail.com

thnx!!

6. harris123

harris123 Guest

go to www.freewebs.com/ppfmodz this guy will help you and he knows wat hes doing

7. beefeater

beefeater Guest

i have the Platinum of Splinter Cell.
    can some one please send me alink to the ltools_v1.7.5_SC_NTSC.rar file? i tried xbins.org but chouldn't download it from there.

so please send it to xgamer64.dfox@westpa.net

or alink to it!

thanks in return.

8. xboxmatt

xboxmatt Member

Hi got EVOLUTIONX how do you copy games or emulators to the HDD using CD-RW disks. cant see DVD2XBOX or something similar like i have with my other xbox.

9. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

I downloaded this of of bear share, and like you said there was part 1, and part 2 zip folder. I created a folder and put them in there, and extracted each one to the same folder. Now there are two folders "Part 1, and UDATA" both containing subfolders and of course the two original zip folders. Does that sound right? I used win ace to extract them, if so do I simply copy the two folders titled "part 1, and UDATA" to the Action Replay card via usb?

Another concern is backing up the eeprom on my box will I be prompted to back it up and if so to where the Action Replay Card?

Thanks for your for sharing your knowledge and I appriciate any help.

10. grizzy20

grizzy20 Member

I got a used xbox crazy cheap, but had no hard drive. I bought a new 250gb drive for it, and want to soft mod it. I tried installing the hard drive and starting but I get the "xbox needs service" error and can't get anything to work. Is there any way I can softmod it without the orig. hard drive? Or will I have to chip it?

11. pnyracr

pnyracr Member

smodder i have a Q i have the files and everything on ARMAX. i was able so load the gave save to the HD but everytime i try to load the linux installer it puts it on the memory card but when i go to load it on to the HD it save its a currupted save and i can only delete it not copy thanx for your help

Kris

12. TikiGuy

TikiGuy Member

grizzy20, send me a message when you get this

13. 360PRO

360PRO Member

i have MA with a lazer etch of MS02301L and a xbox with K:1.00.4034.01 and D: 1.00.5960.01. when i get the itools for MA and load it up on my xbox, it will say unable to load <Run Linux>. Please tell me how to get past this part.

14. Nubzorz

Nubzorz Member

Where do you get the Ldots iTools .rar file?? PLease help.

15. str8maks

str8maks Member

how and where do i FTP a diff dashboard to my softmodded xbox? i want to try Anod-X dash

16. Temoc14

Temoc14 Guest

Hey guys i did all the modds things and then it tells me that i cant load the map whats wit that can anybody help me PLEASE MY gamertag Tinniestsk8er1 or Tmacx i prefer aim at Temocx thanks

17. goldfam

goldfam Member

i have a hope full simple question how can i use a dif hd in my stock xbox i have error code 7 so hd is shlt I heard i need to unlock hd how do i do it?how do u tell what version it is 1.6 1.7 ?
    thanks

18. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

You'r retail HHD is unlocked by your eeeprom on your xbox's motherboard. I assume you've modded yor console softmod or chip. You need to download xboxhdm 1.9 of eurasia.nu and read the read me, tuturial, and whatever else comes with it. Any problems PM me. It works, and I'm fimiliar with it.

o yeah you probably have a version 1.6. To find out go to your m$ dashboard and go to settings>x box info and read.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  19. goldfam

goldfam Member

no I have done nothing at all but open it to see a dead hd lol. so can i unlock my old comp hd to use it? or chip it first?I would like to just put in old hd if pos. where do i goto down load the stuff you said?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  20. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Your retail Hdd is locked. Thats the security measure microsoft used, and besides a windows cpu will not recognize it even if it is unocked. The program I mentioned allows you to make a HHD from scratch IF its lockable and you have softmodded your x box and ftp'd over your eeprombin. file. Can you play games on your xbox? Sounds like you've got to softmod your console 1'st.