1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xSModder, Sep 1, 2005.

1. goldfam

goldfam Member

u still want one how do i send it ? email?

2. xXBUTTSXx

xXBUTTSXx Guest

its butts i got banned for some reason last time so i had to create a new account, you can send me the two month on this in a private message ok?

3. zegind

zegind Member

ok i did all that but other sites say i can use mechasalt ot 007 auf what linuxk do i use for that

4. TURNER299

TURNER299 Guest

i softmoded my xbox with action replay max with no probs usin splinter cell

5. lilskip

lilskip Member

I need help.
    I have the ITools for splinter cell but do not want to pay for the Action replay since i have xbox game saves. Can anyone please help me?
    Thanks
    lilskip

6. nokio420

nokio420 Member

can any one possibly help me im sick off being modded the highest i can get is 35 can any one help me get higher?

7. jklmnop

jklmnop Guest

i tried the softmod and when i restarted my xbox the light turned green to red i am scared as hell right now
    is my xbox permanantly broken

8. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

will it boot if you put a game in and then try starting it. It sounds like you might have chosen the wrong installer for your x box version. 1.6 use UDE 2. I made that mistake once and had to exchanged it at best buy under my extended warranty. Make sure you know what version you have probably 1.6. You can tell by looking at your kernals xxxx from the settings on your xbox dashboard. Click x box info and read the two kernal numbers that will determine what version you have, most likely 1.6.

9. jklmnop

jklmnop Guest

the game starts, but when i try to take it out the thing flashes red and green againand the disk doesnt come out

10. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Thats good. I assume your using splinter cell? Boot it with that disk and load the linux save and back up drive c first thing and ftp it to your computer. That way it is possible to use your computer to upgrade or repair your hard drive with xboxhdm. Then click ude install and asuming you have a 1.6 ver. select ude 2, select your bios, I recommend PBL Metoo and evox m8 and then select a dashboard, I like mxm personaly. Then you'll get a crazy screen. This should have been mentioned in the original tut, "When the light starts flashing its ready turn it off and then turn it back on without the disk." The light starts flashing after about 15 or 20 secounds. If you need the a good copy of ltools_v1[1].7.5_SC_NTSC I can email it to you.

11. jklmnop

jklmnop Guest

thanx dude
    and ya i think ill need the itools

12. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

How did you go about tring to softmod to begin with?

13. hhhhhhelp

hhhhhhelp Guest

hey i now have the same problem he is can u please give me your email on msn or yahoo. i can play games

14. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

If you allready have the linux game save when you load splinter cell, you should get the ldots tools, scroll to the bottom and click dashboards and select ms dashboard "thats you original microsoft dashboard" and do what I told you before xbox info> and get those two for digit kernal #'s and write them down and I can tell what version you have. Your x box version will determine what BIOS "basic imput output system" you need to select while using the ltools. Its really easy, don't make it hard on yourself.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  15. hhhhhhelp

hhhhhhelp Guest

ok thanks mloyllo i i think i know what version it is it said it is version v1.1.

16. hhhhhhelp

hhhhhhelp Guest

hey mloyllo here is my problem when ever i have the disk out the light blinks red and green and there is a bunch of letters in diffrent languages. but i can start up splinter cell and go to the linux file but cant delete the soft mod. but i can go through settings. and also i cant go to the ms dash board. but i know what version it is i think it is v1.1. i think i need a new dash board i also have flash fxp and puff o matic for computer. is there anyway u can help me pleasssssseee im really scared to death that i can only play games and not live any more as you can see so please help me and can u tell me you msn or yahoo email so i can talk to you on there. PLEASE HELP.

17. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

I don't play live, and have never wanted or attempted to restore my x box, because its so sweet the way it is. I do have a 200 gb hdd though. If you can ftp back and forth, I think you could restore everything by putting the original files back in your c and e partitions. Slayers Auto Installer 2.6 has the original files in it. You can replace the contents of your x box c and e folders and I think that will restore it. You can download Slayer's A I 2.6 at eurasia.nu. It might come as an iso and you will have to extract it with either qwix or winace, i forget. The other option is to finish your softmod. UDE1>nkpatcher> and then select a dashboard. Slayers is a bootable disk and will install all sorts of apps and there is an option which I used install apps on drive f "Stealth mode for x box live" I've never tried live though with mine. I love my x box for the simple fact that I have almost 60 games on it and it makes for an excellent dvd player. You can even copy a dvd 2 the hard drive and watch it without the disk or your cpu?

18. hhhhhhelp

hhhhhhelp Guest

mloyllo can u send me your email 4 yahoo or msn

19. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Why? Try what I told you to do.

20. hhhhhhelp

hhhhhhelp Guest

cause i need help using flash fxp and puff o matic on computer just send me or adress or ill send you mine