1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Xecuter 2.2 lite PLUS

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by legolas1, Aug 12, 2003.

1. legolas1

legolas1 Member

Hey has anyone ried the xecuter 2.2 lite plus?...it is a no-solder chip that just needs to be screwed in.

If anyone has it or has dealt with it please respond. Also how is installing it and especially the external switch that comes with it?

Thanks

2. legolas1

legolas1 Member

Ok and also i more hing...this may sound stupid but im new to this......

what is "flashing" with a xbox modchip.... like if u don't is there anything going to happen that is wrong? i hear alot about it but do't know exactly the purpose or need.

Thanks to anyone who can help a newbie to xbox mods.

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You have to flash the chip in order for it to work. Flashing the chip is more or less programming it. You need a flashing program and a bios to flash the chip with.

Matt

4. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

Legoas1 first you should go to Xbox-scene.com and read on mods BEFORE you start and break your Xbox and come here Crying about it. Trust me i've seen it happen. If you got good soldering skills go 4 the X2.2 Pro but seeing how your going for the lite+ i'm guessing u don't know how or can't solder as good. I don't know about X2.2lite+ but i know that some of the chips out there that say their solderless habe you filling the holes in with solder( The holes where the modchip would connect to the motherboard). I think that might be your only problem. But for flashing a chip means this. 1 modchips comes flashed with cromwell bios(to run linux) or not flashed that means it has nothing on it. Second so when u get it your going to need to flash it your self with new bios.(Flash means programing and/or writing new bios in your chip). You do this by a boot disk or a by a programer. You don't need a programer(the thingy that flashes your chip) but i heard that it will be easyier with it. When your done the Bios you flash on your chip will let you do things like Play back-ups, imports, Install EvoX or Nextgen, But a bigger HDD (i got a 120 :) i'm so happy) Run unsinged code install applactions( like Xbox media player, PH loader and Emulators) and with programs like PH loader you'll be able to back-up your games on to your HDD and play them off there. Here's I giuded that can help you out alot. Tutorial was written by : Mystagogue (eMyst) and is a smart man in my eyes. So read up and learn. http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/beginnersguide.php

5. legolas1

legolas1 Member

Hey thanks a lot...but one more thing....

If it says it coems preflashed with FlashBIOS already do i have to flash it once installed, cuz it seems pretty complicated do the flashing other wise.

6. Dank

Dank Regular member

yes u still need to flash the chip with a different bios.. cromwell bios is just for linux and not much use to you. you will need the X2 4977 bios or one of the D.6 bios's

7. legolas1

legolas1 Member

o really thanks..so i can't use the bios it come swith and play dvdr backups of my games cuz if i can i don't think i'll flash it.

I don't really want a big hard drive or anything besides palying backups...somonce again can i palydvdr backups useing the bios taht come swith the chip(in this case xecuter 2.2 lite plus)

Thanks once again.

8. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

No you cannot. That bios is only for running linux. You need a new bios like a xecuter bios 4977 to flash it. then you can play backups or whatever you want.

MAtt

9. skyline22

skyline22 Member

i just brought an xecuter 2.2 lite. it says it comes Preflashed with the legal Cromwell (Linux) BIOS will that b all right if i only wont 2 play backups on it? or do i need Easily reflashable with the legal Linux boot flashing software OzXFlasher?

Please help

Thanks

10. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you want to run linux, that bios will work(cromwell). If you want to run ANYTHING else but linux you need a new bios.(executer 4977

Matt

11. skyline22

skyline22 Member

thanks the only thing i wont 2 do is play backups i dnt want 2 get a new hardrive or install any programs

12. skyline22

skyline22 Member

where do i get executer 4977 from?

13. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Xbox emulation IRC channel has just about everything you could want for a xbox. Or if somone knew your email they might send it to you.

Matt

14. skyline22

skyline22 Member

my e-mail address is EMAIL REMOVED

wot is Xbox emulation IRC channel?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  15. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

16. skyline22

skyline22 Member

i got on to irc which one do i download?

4977_DarkerBlue_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    4977_Gray_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    4977_Green_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    4977_Orange_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    4977_Purple_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    4977_Red_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    4977_Yellow_Noani_256k.bin 256 kb
    X2_4977.bin 256 kb
    x2_IGR_disabled 0 b
    Xecuter2.Build.4977.nfo 4.9 kb
    Xecuter2.Build.4977.rar 240.4 kb

17. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You want the last one that you listed Xecuter2.Build.4977.rar 240.4 kb. Also you NEED to do some reading up on this stuff. Becuase you could possibly trash your Xbox if you dont totally understand what you are about to do. Thanks

Matt

18. skyline22

skyline22 Member

were do i get info on installing the bios and noin wot 2 do?

19. brian_m

brian_m Member

I have and have installed the X2.2 Lite+ and thought it was fairly simple. I hit a major problem with the pins lining up properly though (noticed with a flashlight durring installation that it didn't seem to be sitting correctly on the pin to the far right) AND I stripped out the friggin plastic screw hole that it attaches to. A few minutes with a drill slightly enlarged and elongated the hole (now oval instead of round ~ but to a SMALL degree) and used a slightly larger screw to hold everything together and it works beautifully.

The Perfect mod for those who like to return to OEM quickly and easily. I'm anal enough that I heated the stickers hiding the 2 center screws for the case and completely removed them so they can be reapplied once I'm done modding and have it look factory for the most part (minus the wires and remote switches stuck to the front left lower corner).

I'm currently waiting for my 120gb drive to show, then everything will be together. FWIW, I'm actually fairly competant with the soldering iron, but why risk it (especially for those who've never touched one before) when you can use something like this?

20. DrSuess

DrSuess Member

I have the same problem. I get two blue lights but I can't get the green light to come on at all, no mater how I turn the chip. I don't think the chip is sitting high enough as I see the prongs that SHOULD light up the green light and sitting on the board instead of on circuts.