1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Xecuter 2.2 lite PLUS

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by legolas1, Aug 12, 2003.

1. dwalton22

dwalton22 Member

I am currently going through the hassle of installing this chip too. Two things I found that helped are:

- make sure you don't have a DVD in the drive. Not 100% sure that this makes a difference but when I took my evox dvd out of the drive it seemed to help

- make sure the switch is set to "disable" in order to get the green light to come on. I probably spent three hours adjusting my chip but the green light would never come on. As soon as I set the chip to disable it worked.

I managed to get Evox installed but when I put the xbox back together the modchip moved because my xbox wouldn't boot. I took it apart and got the chip lined up again and it would boot. I put the xbox back together and now I'm getting error code #6 and the box won't boot. Evidently my hard drive is no longer locked :(

I'm still digging on the web but if anyone knows how to fix this error #6 problem I would really appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

2. ver2.8

ver2.8 Guest

hi i am going to buy the new x-ecuter 2.2+ and i was woundering wheat would be the best flash bios thing to use i play phantasy star online alot and that is what i want to use the chip for anyone have any ideas???

thank's mike

3. sachin75

sachin75 Guest

if anyone wants xecuter 2.2 lite plus bios build 4977 then PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2003
  4. sachin75

sachin75 Guest

if anyone wants xecuter 2.2 lite plus bios build 4977 then PM me.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

skyline22, email address posting is against the rules due to spam bots. So they have been banned on the forum to stop email stealing bots. If you need someone to see your email address, a PM would do it.

6. djc11369

djc11369 Member

I installed the x2lite+ also and had problems with the d0 pin aligning. I had to drill the hole larger on the chip board (very slowly) to get it to align correctly. Just a little advice to anyone installing this chip. Once you get it installed to light up and appears to be tighted down, take a hot glue gun and put some around the screw and board on top. Also I put some on the other side of the board (toward the front of the xbox) in an area that there is no components or traces, you'll have to build it up slightly as the board sits higher, just be careful not to get any on any contacts as some hot glue is conductive. Hope this helps someone.

7. Pungent1

Pungent1 Member

Hi Guys,

I'm new to all this modding etc but here goes,

I fitted my X2.2 Lite+ over the weekend, everything lites up fine, I get the Cromwell bios screen up asking for the update CD, I've burned the 4977 bios to a cd-rw which i know the xbox reads, but all it does is say loading, gives the name of the CD, then says no bios update found - halting!

Can any1 help or send me an iso image of a cd that should work as its driving me mad, I can PM any1 my email address if so.

Please help

Thanks

Brian.

8. sachin75

sachin75 Guest

have u attached a 50 meg dummy file in iso of ur bios. if not then alongwith ur bios also put a 50 meg dummy file. can be anything but ensure that alpphabetically it shud come first then any other file so ideally it can be abc.dat

i hope it helps.

sachin

9. Pungent1

Pungent1 Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that tonight, I tried adding zip files to the cd but they came after the bios.bin file, maybe thats where i've been going wrong.

Hopefully this should work

Cheers.

10. Pungent1

Pungent1 Member

Hmm, still no joy, keeps sayin no bios update found when inserting the cd-rw into the xbox :-/

I didnt realise these things were such hard work hehe

Thanks anyway m8

B.