1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thebox PVR scrambled or Bad channels T1 PROBLEM ???

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Dumbdood, May 17, 2008.

1. patb1

patb1 Member

ok sc0user

after taking your opinion and everyone else's on board I decided not to install the beta version of the firmware but I was very tempted

But you'll be glad to know I fixed the problem , I gave my mate with a PVR box a hard drive and asked him to save his channel list to this hardrive his utv and bbc1 and 2 was working

put the hard drive into my own box did a channel upgrade from HDD and it restored his whole channel list hey presto utv is back bbc1 and bbc and I don't even have to re-sort the channel menu as he already had it done

the thing which is baffling is the frequency for utv bc1 bbc2 is still the same from his channel list and when i do a rescan it still doesnt pick that frequency up from my box

but i'll stick with his channel menu which has all 176 chanels working perfectly

guys lets try and get the jan 2008 firmware for the pvr working well without any bugs as it's long overdue a piece of firmware that works perfectly

the new superbox has firmware that even picks up new frequency if n*l change channel frequency my mates have all bought this new superbox and say it's light years ahead of the pvr's firmware

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Good news Pat and lets say dont give up on the Beta release just yet ;)

3. Mick1961

Mick1961 Member

Hi folks.

How are things going with the testing of Box PVR Jan 08 Beta version ?

4. patb1

patb1 Member

Hi Mick

Loaded the beta version on last week took it off as quick the recording is shocking and general stuff like when you exit from one menu the screen goes black again and not back to a channel

I would seriously hold off

I have put oct firmware back on and it's great

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member