1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TheBox setup

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tbone4321, Dec 26, 2007.

1. tbone4321

tbone4321 Member

Hi,
    a friend bought one of these in Dublin and I got he job of setting it up after he gave up on it. It is a genuine item,not a clone, 7X25 vent holes.The firmware is API 4.54e and when I do an automatic scan it finds at best 180 channels on N*L digital. I have tried to flash the firmware even though I don`t think it needs it at the version mentioned above. I get the flash failed error. When I try to look at the channels a graphic comes up with "Scrambled or bad channel" on it. Has anyone got any suggestions as I have tried to follow the manual but its very superficial. TIA tbone

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

There has been a few problem reported with 4.54 , you would be better of flashing with 4.50 as this version is more stable and allow youto access the secret menu ( Menu then 1570 ) to turn the EMU key ON

Make sure you have a null modem cable as the rs232 will cause the flash to fail

3. tbone4321

tbone4321 Member

Thanks for the reply Celtic,where is the secret menu? also the flash keeps failing when I try, is it the null modem cable that at fault do u think? I checked that its screwed in fully.....can I test it out for continuity....is it a straight check or are the cables crossed over somehow/Thanks,Tbone

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I would say its the cable thats causing it to fail , you probally have the rs232 cable that wont work , you need the null modem cable as it has cross over config

5. tbone4321

tbone4321 Member

Looks like you were bang on the money again Celtic......give yerself a round of applauds, and thanks a million for the help.

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Glad you found the problem and your welcome