1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thegamerdepot.com review

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by P5yLO, Dec 11, 2013.

1. P5yLO

P5yLO Regular member

recently purchased a r4i gold 3ds flash cart from thegamerdepot.com. there were many endorsements here (im starting to think a lot of it was spam) on AD and their website and forum made it seem like a legitimate online store.

i got said product within 7 days, as advertised on their website. the product worked like a champ in my 3ds xl as soon as i popped it in. no problems with shipping or the product itself what so ever.

the only issue i did have was credit card fraud. the merchant shows up on your credit card as PWK FASHION something something. ended up charging me an extra .80 cents than was shown on my order receipt. no biggie. but after maybe 7 days of placing the order (i had already received my r4i 3ds gold) , there was another charge for $140 from another merchant with a similar name, PWK CLOTHING something something. gamerdepot.com places the orders from hong kong, and this second unknown merchant who attempted to process an unauthorized charge on my credit card was also from hong kong. the fraudulent charge occurred within a week of placing the order with gamerdepot.com and i normally only use my credit card online to purchase things from amazon. there are too many factors to make me think this was just a coincidence.

my conclusion: gamerdepot.com will ship you the right product, for a good price, in a reasonable time. but they will probably sell your credit card information to other parties. i am in no way affiliated with any online store, i am not trying to bash gamerdepot.com, i just want to share my experience and hope this helps someone out.

2. Thegamerdepot

Thegamerdepot Newbie

Hi This is David from thegamerdepot.com customer service, would you please send e email to our team, the mail is sales@thegamerdepot.com we will solve the problem for you asap.

We can promise we never sell any info of our customers and actually we will never know what card info the customers put on our site because the final page to enter the info belongs to the thrid payment gateway. sorry to hear about your problem and would you please contact us, thanks.

3. jerseychik

jerseychik Newbie

sound very familiar just happened to me same exact situation i can't believe this!! now i have to wait for my band to issue me a new card SCAM BEWARE

4. jamsplodg

jamsplodg Member

Wow! I thought it was just me. Exactly the same situation. Fortunately my bank was on it and called me to confirm that the transaction was fraudulent. Cheeky sods.

5. Gsharpe

Gsharpe Newbie

I wish I had seen this forum before I ordered an R4 card from thegamerdepot.com. I only saw this report after I had placed the order. I had checked all the scam report and 'webutation' sites and thought I had chosen a legit company, but I experienced nearly the same thing with them. I received the card quickly and it worked, but I used a specific email address to register with them, so when I started getting email from companies I had no association with thanking me for my order or registration, I knew where it came from. Although it did take nearly a month for the fraudulent charges to start, my credit card was suddenly barraged with fraudulent charges. Fortunately, the credit card company declined most of them, I was able to resolve the others and cancel the card quickly.

I can't believe companies like this are allowed to operate this long without being held accountable. The owner is supposedly from the U.S. and the server is in Canada, but the payment processing is Hong Kong, the 'FASHIONPAY' merchant mentioned above. This was the first time I had ordered from a company like this and I certainly hope its the last, but it is becoming more and more difficult to know who to trust these days. It seems you can't even trust the 'watchdog' sites.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

honestly don't know what you mean by webutation websites,im assuming you mean the sites where people review business's and sites and half the people that did the review are fake and employed by the actual business they are promoting.
    Background ads on websites are usually put by companies and not site members and if you see a member promote a site that you know is dodgey reply to the discussion and point out the site is dodgey and if its a newbie that posted the referal it probably is a spammer.
    I live in australia and i found whirlpool forums have honest reviews about ordering online,some of the people are blunt,direct and honest to the point of being harsh and offensive.
    Best way is use a prepaid card and add the money use the card,keep $0 or a low amount left on the card,the card has a website on the back to visit and review your purchases history and if dodgey transactions are going through get rid of the card and buy another 1.
    I have ordered a usb stick online and the ebay seller was banned i did recieve it but it was faulty,i have ordered contact lens at quicklens which is based in singapore and all went through fine delivery took a bit longer than expected but all was fine.Also ordered speakers from an online seller and all went through fine and got delivered in 5 days.