1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

there is a problem with the disk you are useing?? help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by mkfan92, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mkfan92

mkfan92 Guest

have you ever gotten this message "there is a problem with the disk you are useing it may be dirty or damaged" it will be a brand new game just out of the package and no dust or scratches it drives me crazy i have no idea how to fix it i have ran every cleaning disk through it i can find and even taken it apart nothing works. is it my game or is it the xbox. help please

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2006
  2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I used to get those all the time with MechAssault. I'd also get the "This isn't an Xbox game" and the "Please put this in an Xbox to play" messages as well.

I just rebooted til it worked. If you're getting it everytime, then you could try cleaning the lens.

3. mkfan92

mkfan92 Guest

i cleaned the lens cleaned the whole inside ran cleaning disks everything and it does it with every game and i was getting the "this is not an xbox disk" thing to so im pretty much out of ideas

4. Im0d4fuN

Im0d4fuN Member

your xbox is old the only way is to either buy a new dvd rom or buy a new xbox

5. mkfan92

mkfan92 Guest

i bought a new one yesterday