1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is any way to make this file running?!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by _HMMS_, Mar 30, 2005.

1. _HMMS_

_HMMS_ Member

Ok...I downloaded one movie file (2005 The Ring Two Horror - Thriller) but when i try to open it, every player (Nero Showtime; Windows Media Player) crashes.
    My windows "read" the file as a movie file but i just cant do anything with it.
    I cant even see the file properties (by clicking right mouse button on file icon) because when i try to do that my explorer crashes too!
    I used program mediainfo and happens the same thing...
    If is a codec problem the player should give a error message not crashing right?
    So there is ANY way to see the movie or it is a damaged file?
    Thx all.

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey _HMMS_

I am assuming you have a torrent file, judging from the description your just gave, but if not, then you can still try this:

Look up a program called ffdshow, this should be what you need in order to get the movie playing. It sounds like a codec issue.

Also, run either Registry Mechanic or Reg Cleaner in order to make sure that your OS (Operating System) is running properly.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

Some torrent sites have been listing bad divx rips that actually are virus/spyware exe's so if u dont show ur extensions it will look like a video file but be careful and always look at the file extension.