1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There MUST be an easier way!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by karlthek, Jun 24, 2003.

1. karlthek

karlthek Member

I created a home movie DVD and for some reason it is crappy MPEG-1 type quality. Reversing the process because I deleted all the mpegs went like this????
    Rip the DVD to VOB files, TRex the VOB files to MPEGs, Extream the MPEGs to AVIs, load and re-edit the AVI files.
    Am I going to a lot of unnecessary work here?

2. joski

joski Guest

Don't know what you did the first time, BUT, everytime I go back and forth i loose more quility. Considering your stating with mpeg1, you can't get any better.

I usually use pinnacle8 to mpeg2. Learning premeire. I have 30 trail of ulead stuff-- not making much of a dent in it. But the 3d title stuff has me interested.

lots of luck

3. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

So which format where you trying to end up with in the end...avi or mpeg? If avi then why convert to mpeg first then avi, why not go straight to avi?

4. karlthek

karlthek Member

The whole story is: The DVD plays with poor quality on two TV DVD players, 23 other DVDs made the same way are fine. I wanted to do it again because it plays just fine on the computer, so I thought re-rendering it might help. It appears that the best way is to find the original analog VHS clips again and start over. I just don't understand why this one is OK on the computer and not OK on the TV DVD player when the others are OK.
    I use Pinnacle 8 for capture, editing, and converting to mpeg, then neoDVD for menuing and burning.