1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

These formats and YOUTUBE. L@@k.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CZangetsu, Jun 19, 2007.

1. CZangetsu

CZangetsu Member

Hi. How do you make crystal clear youtube videos?

I've followed all of the tutorials on youtube to do this but my videos always come out blurry / crappy after they've been uploaded on youtube.

They said to upload mpg4 videos at 320 x 240 resolution at 30 fps. I did and got no results.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

well you tube has terrible quality, you can get a new graphics card, this will dramatically help with streaming quality, also if you go into your monitiors menu you can higher the pixels and colors used, Iexplore
    has much better streaming quality then firefox, but other wise you will barely see a difference unless there is physical change

(i heard vista has much improved streaming)
    give us your OS: windows/mac
    graphics card
    monitor
    RAM
    processor
    model type and other details

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  3. CZangetsu

CZangetsu Member

Windows XP Pro SP2 32 & 64 Bit
    ASRock 775Dual-Vista Motherboard
    Intel Pentium D 3.40 GHz / 3.42 GHz
    ATI Radeon X1300 Video Card
    Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    2 GB Ram

Flat Panel 18" LG Flatron monitor.

And thanks for replying!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay there is no use in getting better hardware, different software, or reencoding files. Once uploaded to YouTube the videos are converted in flash video (.flv) this video format is made to be streamed easily and efficiently but in doing so makes the video look like crap. The quality of YouTube is as good as it's going to get.

5. CZangetsu

CZangetsu Member

; ;. Well, thanks for telling me.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No problem, I just wanted to tell you before you blew your money on mroe hardware/software.

7. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

the flv format has problems, long videos have sync probs. i saw videos labled as "high def" on youtube and i watched them and they indeed looked like they were above normal youtube video quality! (has anyone else seen these?) the video wasnt even posted by a director account, but i couldnt find any new special "high def" uploading options anywhere, i couldnt find anything more about them at all actualy.

i would imagine mpg4 is the best. high quality xvids seem to work pretty good too. i was even thinking about converting to the exact flv format they use. i wonder if they still automaticly convert the video even if its already in the correct format?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007