1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about buying a d box 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by bemused, Dec 9, 2006.

1. deefc

deefc Guest

help tried everything to get rid of those lines even tried a different telly but the same happens can any body give me there user setup for a starview box guess i must be doing something wrong

2. LostMonst

LostMonst Member

Hi t80nyg,

can you have a look at my post entitled STARVIEW - help! please to see if there is anything that can be done, thanks loads.

3. paulsolo1

paulsolo1 Guest

Hi guys, got a starview today with scrambled channels. Thanks to you guys it all up and running.Very impressed and the EPG is really quick, better that the TW one lol

4. db2007

db2007 Guest

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum lark. Anyway, got a starview box week before Christmas and it worked fine up to yesterday. Now constantly goes down, comes back up for a minute goes down, totally unwatchable. Anyone else had this problem, or even better does anyone have a solution?

Cheers

db

5. bemused

bemused Member

Sorry db can't help you there, only problem with mine at the moment is sound has gone of on sky sports 1, but dont want to muck about with it to much while everything else seems to be running great.

6. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

thats srange bemused mt sky1 has no sound today also

7. db2007

db2007 Guest

Starview = crap. Did another scan and got 334 channels, the new setanta ones are there now, still can't watch them but its nice to know they are there! Freezes, goes down, comes back up, freezes, goes down, absolute waste of money. Going back to box with card that needs updated now and then.

8. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

the only thing to say to that db2007 is you have a dodgy box mine has worked fine, sorry to hear your plight mate

9. focous

focous Member

I am going to regret saying this but other than having to rescan for itv 4 it starts at six but not on my box i have watched it before strange that and once on sky one so far so good.May be you have as t80nyg says you have a doggy box

10. bemused

bemused Member

Same here, my ones working fine apart for the sound on some channels, also noticed the only channels I dont get are BBC3 & BBC4,strange? anyone else not get these.

11. auto4l3ss

auto4l3ss Member

hi guys

I bought a starview box,and its working very fine, but i dont seem to get the pay per view channels,was wondering if anyone out here can help.

12. paulsolo1

paulsolo1 Guest

try looking further back up this thread and you will find how to get your box to update.

13. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

14. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

sorry lostmonst, i never noticed the question untill today if you still want me to look at this then get back to me, i cant seem to find your thread

15. dazzlet

dazzlet Member

hi i have just baught a starview box and i have been looking at as much information i can get i have heard mentioned someone that did not get the ppv channels and was advised to read further back in the thread to see how to update. i might be thick but i cant find anything about updating so please can you tell me how to update and where i might get the thinkg i need to update many thanks daz

16. LostMonst

LostMonst Member

Hi t80nyg,

epg is slow, and I wondered if the menu can be changed / updated to show more channel info (starview is poor for this so far...) any help would be great. thanks

17. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

sorry lostmonst, that seems to be the way it goes i am afraid mines is the exact same

18. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

hi auto4 and dazzlet if you look at my post on page 3 of this thread posted 30 dec 2006 at 13.20 that starts hi hickster you might get some joy cheers

19. focous

focous Member

mine to, i was told by the person i brought it off it dose not have enough memory to hold all epg that`s what i was told anyway

20. t80nyg

t80nyg Guest

at the end of the day focous if thats all we have to complain about then we must be a little bit happy with the product ha ha