1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about buying a d box 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by bemused, Dec 9, 2006.

1. lefeesh

lefeesh Member

Does anyone have any ideas who wrote the source code ? and where one might get hold of it ?, I don't reckon it would take much effort to get the EPG working a little more reliably. Maybe cut it down to 2 days and cache it. Reliable now-next info would be a start.

2. focous

focous Member

to true mate to true;-)for the money and for what you get it`s very good value, me thinks now it`s time to move on to something with a few more functions

3. bemused

bemused Member

Be carefull before spending more money on upgrading Focous as Mr Branson blew my card on my orignal box within a few days of taking over, thats why I brought the starview as a back up, but I believe he will try attacking all boxes in the near future, strange my little analouge box just keeps running year after year, although not so many channels still works great.

4. focous

focous Member

I agree with you and thanks bemused but at the risk of repeating my self and boring you lot out there i need something with a good epg(unfortunately not starview) and a program reminder so it looks as if a nokia dbox2 or dreambox is the way to go.Hopefully if that happens with mr branson then with any luck someone out there will sort it before to long

5. eurovox

eurovox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  6. auto4l3ss

auto4l3ss Member

7. auto4l3ss

auto4l3ss Member

hi tonyg my starview works very fine,its just that i do not get the pay per view fights etc on my box is there any magic or tricks you can tell or teach me.cheers mate

8. Johnny99x

Johnny99x Member

I'm looking into getting a starview box from the auction site.
    Now are all these box's plug, scan and play?
    or do I need to get the relevant software and flash an image?
    if so, any ideas were I can get this software and instructions from please

thanks very much you very kind people
    Johnny

9. focous

focous Member

Hi mate did you get last saturdays pay per view fight?johnny i think you can get starviews that are plug and play if not it`s not hard if i can do it anyone can just have a look on the auction sites.If not i am sure this very helpful bunch will help

10. dazzlet

dazzlet Member

most of the starview boxes come with the software allready flashed on the klatest version is the 18th septembet 2006 version as the november version had too many problems and everybody reverted back to the september ones. if the software is allready on it is a matter of plug, scan and play they are easy to set up and easy to use. if you have to get the software you can download it from here:
    http://www.satdownloads.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1360.0
    right at the bottom of the page.
    i hope this helps .daz

11. focous

focous Member

There told you they were a helpful bunch:)dazzlet did the new software have any improvements on the september software? i have the september version, better epg would be nice

12. dazzlet

dazzlet Member

not really the epg would be better improoved but in the november one it didnt work at all and also the sound kept dropping away i am anxiously waiting the new software to become available and to see myself what improvements are made. does you epg work at all or is it just slow. i found with my box the ariel that goes in for the cable input was slightly loose so i bent the outer rim slightly with some fine pliers and made a better more secure fit and the epg works fine now and is instantaniouse so no more waiting 5 mins for the epg to load the only thing i cant do is get sky movies 9 and 10 to have an epg at all it does not seem to work for me whatver i try do you know or does anybody know what i can do thanks daz

13. focous

focous Member

Hi mate my epg works when it feels like it, sometimes a little faster but as a rule it is slow.I will have a look see if my cable is loose, as for sky movies 9 and 10 i can not seem to get them.My cable is split to other rooms so maybe i need a booster i dont no if that will help but i have read it helps on other boxes,the box could do with a better timer as well me thinks

14. bemused

bemused Member

on my one I have 2 sky movies 9 & 10, one lot just show the blue screen message, the other are clear and all of the adult channels and prem plus are on just numbers.

15. james1k

james1k Guest

any1 know if they do a sky dbox and where from as im not in a telewest area?

16. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Please dont post the same question in different threads.

17. james1k

james1k Guest

18. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Not again!

19. james1k

james1k Guest

20. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

This has been answered if you had taken the time to look at your questions posted instead of posting the same question over and over again!