1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about buying a d box 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by bemused, Dec 9, 2006.

1. james1k

james1k Guest

any1 know if they do a sky dbox and where from as im not in a telewest area?

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Please STOP posting this question, the answer is NO!

3. james1k

james1k Guest

please please please does any1 know if they do a sky dbox and where from as im not in a telewest area?

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The best you are going to get is from these guys, give them a call.
    http://www.hisat.com/

5. focous

focous Member

Fekker me thinks he is winding you up ;-)

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Don't I know it, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now!

7. alici9

alici9 Member

hello people i got my starview box today and i scaned for all the channels i got all of them at frist but after about 10minutes later while i was sorting out my channels they seemed to disapear like i cnt watch them anymore but only the skysports 1,2,3, MTV BASE them sort of channels, bbc and them lot still work. can anyone please help me. ive tryed scaning it again but its still the same. on the screct menu 1 5 7 0 its turned on, ive tryed through the parental conrtol its turned on but im still not gettin the channels. it says DATA IS BEING UPDATED and then shows the channel name and whats playing but goes back to DATA IS BEGIN UPDATED and back and forth. On the channel list the channels i cant watch says in yello (NagraVision) if that helps anyone figure it out and has a dollor sign! please could some1 HELPPPP! THANK YOU!

8. nasjav

nasjav Member

yeh i have the exact same problem, by starview box has worked fine for a couple of months and just today the emu channels stop working, i tried what i normally do by redoing 1570 thing but once it started updating it would get to 10% or 70% or something then stop and go back to the channel name (it would still be a black channel) then shortly after it will update again and the same thing happens again. i only get channels like bbc1 and stuff. is this happening to others aswell. is ther away to fix it or will it happen itself?

9. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

thats the problem with these other boxes, knowledge and information is very limited via the internet - hence stick with dBox or Dreambox as the information and web sites for these boxes are great... and more people have more knowledge

however to help you guys, pop over to www.hackable.cc - they have a deidcated forum for starview boxes.

10. nasjav

nasjav Member

couldn't find anything there. thanks anyway.

11. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

12. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Hi, just joined this forum. I got my new starbox yesterday. I followed all the instructions carefully and got hundreds of channels I don't usually get. I spent ages renumbering them all in order of preference and sat back to enjoy. Today in the middle of watching the Disney channel they all went off and I've been unable get it to unscramble them all again. Same problems as the ones I see here in previous messages. Any ideas what I can do about this? I switched the whole lot off and I'll give it another go later but I'm disappointed. A friend bought his 3-4 months ago and thinks it's great, no probs at all.

13. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Answered.

14. P4UL

P4UL Member

got exactly the same problem as u guys got home tonight put my tv on and none of the movies sports etc are working installed everything from scratch over and over and still no joy i have read on some other websites that the starview box may need updating but how you do this i do not know. i di get a guide of what to do if the auto update doesnt work but the instructions are not clear, it says something about changing the nagravision key code but i dont fully underswtand what it means if anyone could enlighten me on how to do this i would be very grateful

15. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/457312

Instructions included

16. P4UL

P4UL Member

ive just tried puttin the codes in for the nagravision that that link give me but still no joy. there is another file there to update the box through the cpu but i havent got the lead to do this any other ideas???? theres boxing on at 10 that i was looking forward to watchin but with no sky sports i'm stuck!!!!!!!

17. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Sorry, you are trying to manually change the keys! I don't have them, I'm still trying to track them down.

18. P4UL

P4UL Member

there was manual keys on there but they were from 14/8/06 and they didnt work i hope i can get this sorted soon cus i only had the box just after xmas and the mrs wouldnt be best pleased if its only lasted a month!!!!!

19. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I have heard that the previous keys would work, but I can't confirm it. It would be much easier to buy a null modem cable and flash it.

20. P4UL

P4UL Member

sorry fekker youve lost me there im new to all this stuff can you explain???