1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about buying a d box 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by bemused, Dec 9, 2006.

1. P4UL

P4UL Member

ok ill get the cable and try it. im pretty new to all this though so i may be back on here very shortly. lol

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  3. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

4. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

just saw you asking about the d box i have had mine now for over 3 months it works brilliant you get prem plus i got the hatton fight last week and will also get the wrestling for the kids tonight the prem plus channel only comes on the day theres a match on same with the the boxing its on a channel live events .as i said you defineteley get them all.

5. 526065

526065 Member

I'm looking into buying a Nokia DBox2 but I cannot find a drawing of how the box is connected to the Telewest box I currently have. I've seen referece to a cable splitter. Is this required to split the cable before it goes into the 2 boxes.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

6. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

you will not need the wire that goes into the back of your cable box just unscrew it from the box. what i did was just chop the end off and put a normal aerial fitting on as with these boxes they are a push in not screw in. if you dont want to chop it just get an adaptor on your screw in part to make it a push in.also if you cancel your cable subscription they will collect there box your feed is still live so you only really need your d box.

7. 526065

526065 Member

Thanks for that Gary.

Have your cable company taken your box away yet? Is the quality through the DBox and better/worse or the same as ntl/Telewest?

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Don't get them to take it away unless you also have broadband as they might disconnect you in the street. The picture from the DBox2 is superb. If you keep the cable box you need a splitter like the ones below. Take the cable from your cable box and connect it to the splitter, use the other 2 leads to connect the 2 boxes back up.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29533&criteria=f lead&doy=30m1
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29536&criteria=f lead&doy=30m1
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29530&criteria=splitter&doy=30m1

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  9. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

i have not had cable for years now but the signal is always there.and the picture is perfect they are all telewests pictures you just do the scan.

10. 526065

526065 Member

Thanks Fekker. I thought that was what I had to do but wasn't sure.
    I've sent you a PM

11. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

12. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

13. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

hello fekker never realised they can disconnect you in the street.nice one for that cheers.

14. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Dear ALL,

I have just purchased a Starview 2 (The Box) from www.starviewbox.co.uk whom I would strongly recommend if you require a box that is 'not' a clone. These boxes work with 'ALL' cable providers providing all channels that are required by you but note that it is your responsibility to follow any UK legislation regarding what you care to watch and to maintain the rules of your cable provider. These boxes are sold as free to air which makes them legal to sell. The boxes work very easily and should you require to update firmware to say 4.0 then you may do so even with a usb to RS232 serial wire.

Hope this information helps and remember its your respnsibility not to brake the LAW.

May the force be with u :)

KMACDON.