1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about getting Xenium ice solderless

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by 2sweet4u, Jan 18, 2005.

1. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

Alright, I know absolutely nothing about the insides of my xbox but modding it seems pretty straight forward.. just getting the mod chip itself in is what i'm worried about.

Would a solderless chip, like Xenium ice, be completely safe and easy? And would flashing the bios be easy as well?

I originally wanted Xecuter 3 because I was told it was the best for what I wanted to do, and the easiest to flash.. but I don't want to ruin my x-box. My father can solder but one thing he has absolutely no clue about is computers, so I don't know if I should let him do it. Do you think he would be able to do it safely without this knowledge of motherboards?

2. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I have the Xenium Ice solderless and am totally happy with it. Easy as hell to put on, and easy to flash bios too.

3. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

Which bios should I use with it then? I had the evox_m8 ones prepared for my Xecuter 3

4. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

Actually, I'm 100% sure I am getting Xenium Ice now. Do you know a safe and secure site to order one from? And one that doesn't take a really long time to arrive?

5. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I ordered from extreme-mods.com. They're fast, and if you have a question or problem and email them, they answer quick. I told them my solderless adapter was broken and they sent me a new one right away, no questions asked.
    As for the bios, I think you can use just about any as long as your box isn't a 1.6 model. (then you have to use m8_1.6 bios)

6. jedi69

jedi69 Guest

I just received my Xenium ICE today to replace an aging Matrix mod chip. I'm hoping that the solderless adapter for the Matrix will work so I don't have to change them out, which will save a step. BUT, can somebody please point me to a bios for this thing? I had someone else do the Matrix so this will be my first time. I know it's not cool to ask where to get the bios files, but I've been looking all day and night. Thanks a bunch! If you need to reply to my email instead of this thread just let me know.

7. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

jedi69,
    Have you tried going to xbins, on the IRC? That's where you'll find 'em.

8. jedi69

jedi69 Guest

AV8B_USMC,

Yes actually just left there, got on there and found lots of different bioses to choose from. Which one do I use with the Xenium Ice? I have a v1.0 Xbox so I don't suffer from 1.6 problems. I see people talking about EvoX and I found EvoX M8. I don't plan on installing a dashboard so all I need is the bios. Thanks for the help AV8B_USMC!

9. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

i like the x2 because of the ingame reset, you could try that. there's no ONE specific bios.

10. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I'm using the X2 4983.67 bios with my xenium ice and haven't had any problems.

11. jedi69

jedi69 Guest

Thanks so much for all the help guys! I am now running the EvoX M8-Plus BIOS since I had already gotten it before modding the box. I will keep an eye out on the X2 and others to see what features I may want. The install on my 1.0 was painless using the solderless adapter (getting the d0 wire bent to correct angle was the hardest part of the whole process and that just took a few minutes). I stowed the old Matrix chip for sentiment. Thanks again!

12. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

The only thing with the M8 Bios is that if you upgrade to a HDD bigger then 120gb you'll have to patch it with EVTool in order for it to recognize more than 137gb. With X2 you don't because it is built in to it already. For instance if you have a 200gb HDD with the M8 not patched you'll only get at most 137gb. The only thing with X2 is that there are 2 options a .06 and a .67 version. The .06 is for a large F:/ if you only want an F:/ Partition and the .67 is for an F:/ upto 137gb and the rest is put on G:/ if you want an F:/ and G:/ Partition.