1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This game is driving me nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by metamuse, Jan 31, 2007.

1. metamuse

metamuse Member

Ok for the past week i have been searchin all over the internet on how to do this and have gone through about 5 DVDs and 3 cds and still cannot get this game Arthurs Knights: Tales of Chivalry to work... i started out with 12 files a .cue, .ccd, .sub, and .img file for each cd(AK1,AK2,AK3) I soon found out that i needed a program called alcohol 120%.... i mounted AK1.ccd to my emulated drive which automatically launch the game installation... the game install fine but when i go to launch the game it prompts me to enter CD 1(i thought the point of Alcohol 120% was to eliminate this problem) then i find out that some games recognize the emulated drive as fake so i got a drive hide utility(Y.A.S.U.) hoping that would work but i was still prompted for CD 1... i have been to countless forums and tried numerous drive emulation programs yet i cant get this game to work... this is a fairly old game so i wouldnt think its copy protection would be that advanced... im really lost, i am not sure if i am doing something wrong or what but any help would be appreciated... The game is made by DreamCatcher and i cant find any info on what kind of copy protection they use... oh and i have also tried daemon tools and it didnt work either.....HELP!!.....

2. bobafatt

bobafatt Member

hey, sounds like you need a NOCD crack. search google for one. just replace the exe with it...good luck.

3. datkid90

datkid90 Member

just search the name of your game and with the words no-cd crack...get one form one of the websites...once u have done tht..unzip if u need to...the drag tht icon to the icon of the game in the program file and replace..and presto it should work.

4. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

The problem is where ever you for the files from I think the person that ripped the game ripped it probably under the wrong fornat or didn't know what they were doing. This gives you a few options. You can either get the disk and rip it yourself correctly or get a no cd crack. If they ripped it correctly the emulation software would work fine.

5. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

dont search majority of the sites that give you a patch/crak are viruses or spyware. you can just go to http://www.megagames.com or http://gamecopyworld.com safest sites that i know of on the net that don't give you viruses

if u need help on how to patch games just reply

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  6. Nyyankee

Nyyankee Member

im having the same problem if you could help me

do i have to reinstall the game with the replaced .exe or do i open the cd1 .img file and replace the .exe in there?

thank you

7. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

After you install the game you dl the fixed.exe and put it in the game folder and replace the old one. It will ask you to overite it and just hit yes. It's always safe to save a back up of the original.exe incase you need to patch it. Patches won't work with the fixed.exe. After you patch it you will have to get the new version fixed.exe.

8. Nyyankee

Nyyankee Member

but how do i replace the .exe in the .img file because the .img file is what i have to mount on the virtual drive

i tried opening up the .img file with isobuster but it did not let me replace the .exe file in it

9. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

ok heres what you do. go to your desktop find the short cut to the game. right click an go down to properties. then click on find target on the window that open. once the window opens put the patch in there and replace it. you might want to back up the original .exe just in case.

10. Nyyankee

Nyyankee Member

thats what i did it didn't work

to play the game first I have to mount the img. on a virtual drive right?

and I have to relace the .exe in the .bin file, correct?

because i replaced the .exe in my regualar folder but it did not work

11. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

if your using a crack or nocd patch make sure its the right version as the orignal one and yes you have to replace the .exe located in your hard drive. also you only need to mount the image to install the game. also while your game is mounted. go to my computer. then right click an go to explore on your image drive. then there should be a folder named crack or something like that. and use that patch if you havent updated the game.

12. Nyyankee

Nyyankee Member

i replaced the .exe it did not work

it is saying a file is not found and i should reinstall

how do know if the game needs a new patch
    i checked the official site and it had no patches

13. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

well you should just reinstall it an go try replacing the .exe with a patch/nocd crak. also did you check the image file to see if it comes with a patch/crack ??

14. Nyyankee

Nyyankee Member

the image did not come with a patch or a crack

it still telling me to put in the orginial cd

i appreciate your help though i will try out a diffrent version when i have time