1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a little disturbing

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bbmayo, Apr 11, 2005.

1. cimerron

cimerron Guest

I just tried my number and it doesnt work. I live in the states and my number is listed. I also tried a couple of friends and they didnt work.

2. clouser

clouser Guest

try it with out the dashes between the numbers just spaces.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I tried it, and it worked. I live in the U.S.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have been trying it on everyone I know and it seems that about 80% of them work. I did try a few friends and relatives in Germany and they seemed to be safe for now. It seems to only be in the USA. I wouldn't doubt it will be working in other countries soon though as they just started doing it in the USA so it is probablly only a matter of time I would keep checking if I where you guys/gals just to be sure :)

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

My uncles details are there, but no link to any maps etc, and I do know he registers his details everywhere...............and he loves being spammed.......LOL

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I don't give mt detail out to anyone online and my number and map was there!! I am listed in the phonebook though I believe this has something to do with it.

7. cimerron

cimerron Guest

Im listed i the phone book., But i live in a small town. I wonder if thats has somthing to do with it.

8. paradisi

paradisi Guest

Hi from Australia - no problem yet tho our government owned telco will be privatised later this year and goodness only knows what will happen then. I think the CDrom of Australian phone numbers sold by Sensis has a reverse lookup feature, but they won't put it on the net because they can't make money out of it ---yet.

To do a similar thing for the UK - - buy a CDROM copy of the BT phone book, but only the version available in mainland Europe, and do a reverse look up. The UK version sold in the UK can't legally provide the reverse lookup facility --- yet.

Good luck to all of those COTUSAs (citizens of the USA) who want privacy

ciao from paradise on earth