1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is crazy... Right?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ñññññññññ, Feb 1, 2005.

1. I didn`t write any of this I found it of the web
    I wrote this- http://gamesource.groups.yahoo.com/group/xskorpionserver/messages/1
    This guy didn`t write it either so don`t rip his head off like mine when I said I could read GC games.

My argument was that a simple case modification was the only thing needed to enable Gamecube piracy. It turns out that it is a little more complicated than that, but not by much. It looks like Nintendo made a critical error, using the same file system for Gamecube files as they did for Nintendo 64 files. This isn't really all that surprising since most of the games I've played (RE excepted) look and play just like souped-up N64 games. I have no idea if this is true or if it works... Found this online: Ok people I finaly did it. well sort of? I found a way to rip GC games and heres how. For those of you who have a DD64 and/or the dd64 rip kit which you should be able to buy from lik-sang or ebay, take the usb/modem/usb cord that you normaly plug into the dd64 modem port to your romripper/& pc and plug it into your GC modem port which happens to be the same as the DD64 and to the ripper and from the ripper to the usb port romripper/pc.Turn on your GC and keep it on. Use the ripping softwear that comes with the dd64 rom maker/ripper. ok now instead of clicking on the open edit rom and rip, click on the open tab,new, find files/edit. which the files in my pc is in the new f: drive now if you have your cube hooked up to the tv wile doing this and the screen goes black don't worry this is normal. ok now that the hidden file is now readable click on it and rip.Or dragg and drop in to a temp folder. oh crap wait you have to run the game in the GC first be for you use the ripper. so make sure that you are not in the GC boot screen. This method works for every game that I have ripped. Now the only thing is I have ripped 5 games and they are all about 1.2 gigs. I have tied to cut the FMV/sound and dummy the files like dreamcast games or ps2 DVD games and burn it to a cdr and or a DVDr but the cube won't read any burned media. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong or has an idea please write back asap. P.S. the files that I have ripped are not the sound file that you nomaly see in the D: drive/DVD drive.This is the actual game files. I will be more than happy to share the full un edited game file 1.2 gigs on KazaA. 1.Luigi's mansion 2.Wave race 3.Driven 4.cel-damage 5.SB Melee Second one To all: I made a great break through to day with the help of a few readers from lik-sang. Using the DD64 ripkit method,1 normal 4.7 gig DVDR,GC Gameshark,and a small swap trick it is possable to play GC backups. Here is how it is done!! First use the DD64 ripkit method to get the game files on to your hard drive. No editing needed. Next we will need to use Iso buster on the file or some kind of file converter of your choice so you can make a disc image. depending on which DVDr burner you are using. Now just burn the game image to disc. Now you will have to use a nintendo bit screwdriver to open your GC. you can perchase them through lik-sang "HE HE". Take the top off the cube. you will see 2 black lever looking objects in the rear of the unit. This is the lid sensor. The next part is up to you on how you wanna go about doing this but I use a rubberband to hold this sensor down to trick the system in to thinking the lid is always closed. Last but least pop in your GC Gameshark and power on the unit with the top cover still off,otherwise the DVDr won't fit in the tray. Click start to boot the gameshark. When the disc stops spinning take off the gameshark and replace it with the game backup of your choice: "Keep power on". Now click the A botton when it asks to chose an option from the menu. click A again when it asks if you wanna start with out codes. Click A again when it tells you to insert a game. And waaaalllllaaaaa play play play!! This works on all games but residentevil/biohazard disc 1. When trying to boot this game a screen popps up saying something about Anti piracy protection please call 1 800 bla bla bla. If by chance you dont have a GC gameshark or GC Action replay you can use the Resident evil game as a boot disc if you have gotten to the 2nd disc. Just insert the resident evil / bio hazard cd 1 and load the game that needs cd2. When it asks to insert disc2 replace with backup of any choice. Enjoy everybody.......

2. YM2151

YM2151 Member

All lies. For starters GC images aren't 1.2GB. Reading/Ripping GC games isn't hard at all, you just need the GC BroadBand Adapter.

3. jromb

jromb Member

Hey, whats this warp button do?..................Wow, zapped me to the beer cooler!

4. philipman

philipman Regular member

That site is crap quit posting it

5. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Wouldn't it probably be best to use Optical discs since that's what the GC basically uses anyway?

7. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

opps, I noticed the quote I put in bold instead of quote; when I went to see the thread update :/