1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THIS IS FOR YOU EXPERTS ON PROBLEMS WITH BURNING AT 4x WITH THE LG-GSA-4040B

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by DVDExpert, Oct 14, 2003.

1. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

I have the same problem, but this is with a 52*24*52* CD-RW Drive. This says that I can burn CD-RWs at 24*. I try to burn a CD-RW at that speed and it will only let me burn at 4* in Nero. That is stupid. Somthing has to be done. I try all the top brands.

2. DVDExpert

DVDExpert Guest

I agree something has to be done, by the way what kind of cd burner do you have can you give me the name of the burner and the model, also list some media types that you have used. I have been complaining for weeks upon weeks to both lg and nero, they have done nothing. I hope to get other people with the same type of problems to email there cd,dvd, burning company and nero and file a complaint. Im beginning to think that nero is the problem and not the dvd burner itself I got a maxell 4X dvd-r to burn at 4X with alchol burning softrware. Anyways thanks to all you guys on this thread and keep em complaints comming I send evey single one I see to nero and lg and other cd burning companies. We have to apply pressure upon these companies in order to succeed, if they receive hundreds possibly thousands of emails they might do something but until then it is unlikely anything will be done.

3. smash929

smash929 Member

new firmware for teh lg has been released, a302 i think

4. marrr

marrr Guest

i've installed new firmware A302
    but there is no efect.

I've installed new NERO 6.3.0 and I can't burn DVD -/+ R faster than 2.4x

interesting, with this A302 there is no .TXT file which describe, what was fixed in this firmware....

5. akoli

akoli Member

I bought My LG drive the other day and can burn fine with nero Ultra Edition Version 6 , Firmware A301.

Have burned at 4 speed no probs in fly mode , also from hard disc . Am Using White top ritek discs, burned in about 13 Minutes . Am I just lucky or is it a select few that cant burn at 4x

6. marrr

marrr Guest

i tried several 4x +/- R dvd medias, sony, tdk, princo, smartbuy, sky,...

max speed burning with nero is 2.4x...

i checked DMA, new firmware installed...

i don't get it...

7. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

I've looked a bit more into it and I can't find and firmware. I can't even find the manufactures site. It is a "Pacific CDWRITER IDE5224". Even more worring is that when i brought the CD-RW Drive there was no driver disc with it. Windows XP Home must of provided them.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  8. Hadoken

Hadoken Member

Something strange happened... I could not write at 4x with nero, so i tried different firmwares, different disc brands, etc. but nothing changed... until...
    one day i bought a dvd-r by a brand called "General, That's write" and now nero says that my dvd burner is 4x, even when i use the dvd-rs it used to recognize as 2x discs earlier.
    I have the same firmware as before (A301), and i haven't installed any new burning software, nor new drivers. This doesn't make any sense, however i hope it helps somebody.

9. dan111

dan111 Member

i just bought the drive..still in box..should i return it??

10. Astro43`

Astro43` Member

I purchased the LGE GSA-4040B with high hopes after reading a review and comparo of like 11 different DVD-+RW units at Tom's Hardware.

Installed without a hitch, had no problems, but also could not burn higher than 2x with -R discs. Haven't tried any other media yet.

Anyhow, updated from Firmware version A300 to A302, and still the same results.

However, I used the Nero infotool application to re-scan the drive, and it now recognizes as a 4x and I have since burned 4 DVDS at 4x.

Try that, may solve your problem.

11. dan111

dan111 Member

great post...thanx for that tip..apprcted

12. dan111

dan111 Member

astro..can u tell me where to get that infotool app?..i looked but cant find it..thanx

13. Astro43`

Astro43` Member

It is part of the Nero toolkit, I got it with Nero 6. That's really all I know, if you have Nero you should have it... otherwise google around a bit I'm sure you can find it.

14. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

Thanks for that tip. I shall try it out. Have you found any good offers on Google yet. However thinking about it, is it just because I have the freebie version that they give away with CD-RW Drives.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  15. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Nero InfoTools, normally installed with Nero (and placed inside the Nero ToolKit folder) provides users with a plethora of information about their optical drives and ASPI version. It is important to note however that even if the InfoTools states that the System ASPI is installed correctly, if the version numbers do not match, it is not installed correctly. (For more info on your ASPI, visit http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm). Other than that, InfoTools can help you identify the features and capabilities of your burner, see http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm

16. smash929

smash929 Member

infotool recognizes my dvd burner as a 2x, wtf is goin on

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  17. miked125

miked125 Member

hey all, I have the same burner and the same problem. I installed the nero oem software that came with the burner and it recognized the burner only at 2X infact every burning software i downloaded was the same only 2x so i updated the firmware only casused more problems and had to unistall then i tryed a new version of nero, its Nero 6 Ultra Edition finally it works on 4x, just try a new version of nero and it should fix its self, oh yeah make sure all the previous nero files are off your computer before installing Nero 6 Ultra Edition.

18. smash929

smash929 Member

im running nero 6 ultra edition.. but thanks!

19. smash929

smash929 Member

20. moammar

moammar Guest

I just finished burning @ 4x with dvd-r using nero and the lg dvd writer. I had to goto the infotool folder in nero and enter the value of 4...also when u goto burn you have uncheck the enable highly compatible mode otherwise it just reads the dvd-r as a dvd-rw(the max write speed for those is 2x).